Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#21223 by call me stupid
Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 pm
I called and talkedto a support person because I was having trouble after porting my landline. It was confusing my scout line and hub line.I have a hub and a scout and stupidly signed up for premier. It was pretty obvious he didn't know much more about it than I did. 15 minutes before end of support he told me he would call me in 10 minutes to unplug my hub and scout. I got no call and when I called back 30 minutes later I got the automated message that everyone had gone home for the day. Is this what I have to look forward to in terms of service? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get their attention and find someone in support who knows what is going on?
#21239 by southsound
Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:54 pm
What an interesting name to choose for the forum. I wonder if it will still be appropriate after your problem is solved?

We have an awesome bunch of users here who are happy to help you solve your issue, if it is possible from a user perspective. Porting is something that has to be done by ooma, but there are lots of folks here to have ported their numbers - if you gave us a shot at what was happening we might be able to help. If not, then I guess you will have to wait until they open again.

Welcome to ooma. Have a nice day. YMMV. :cool:
#21276 by call me stupid
Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:16 am
Southsound. I am sure there are others who have ported successfully. The point is, that there is no excuse for the poor level of customer service exhibited by the employee who left me hanging. I was without phone or internet service and he went home for the day. I am sure my problem will be solved, but if I continue to get this type of customer service my name is still appropriate based on the decision I made to port my number. I bought through Costco, so I can return the hardware, but I will have to contest the credit card charges and go through a report of my number based on my decision to go Premier and port my landline.
#21282 by scottlindner
Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:38 am
You are stupid. OK.. enough with the stupid humor. :)

Many times porting issues are caused by your local telco, and not Ooma. Trying to track down the causes can take a bit of leg work sometimes, and sometimes it's very easy. Tell us more about what's wrong and we might have some good tricks to help you quickly resolve the issues. Part of the trick is understanding the proper language to describe what your problem is. We can help with that.

Scott
#21286 by Groundhound
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:36 am
Ooma is having some growing pains and the move to off-shore tier 1 support is an example. Sometimes the biggest challenge is accurately describing the problem to the support person who is not a native-English speaker. While the users on this forum can't directly intercede with a porting problem, if you could be a bit more descriptive of the issue it is likely someone here can tell you where/what the real problem is. Simply ranting about tech support may make you feel better but it won't get you any closer to resolving the problem.
#21300 by niknak
Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 am
scottlindner wrote:...tell us more about what's wrong and we might have some good tricks to help you quickly resolve the issues...
Scott

Right, Scott... he still hasn't explained anything about what is wrong..only complained
#21302 by bryanlyle
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:07 am
Groundhound wrote:Ooma is having some growing pains and the move to off-shore tier 1 support is an example. Sometimes the biggest challenge is accurately describing the problem to the support person who is not a native-English speaker.

Yeah, the last time I called into CS it was very clear that I was no longer talking to somebody in CA. They were not able to understand the question I was asking. Thankfully I had the email of the last CS person to help me out and contacted them directly. The problem was cleared up in no time.