Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#20813 by Big S
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:57 pm
When my wife calls me at work her voice doesn’t sound good. It sounds like the system is clipping her peeks if you know what I mean. , She talks kind of loud. So, my question is can the gain be adjusted?
#20837 by southsound
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:02 pm
Big S wrote:When my wife calls me at work her voice doesn’t sound good. It sounds like the system is clipping her peeks if you know what I mean. , She talks kind of loud. So, my question is can the gain be adjusted?

Dangerous ground here - no, the gain is not adjustable. But you don't want to say, "Honey, you're talking too loud!" After 26 years of learning how to not dig myself deeper in trouble, my suggestion might be something like, "You know, sweetheart, this new phone system is amazing. It seems to amplify soft sounds so callers don't have to talk as loud as they did before to be heard clearly. By the way, is that a new outfit? It really looks great on you. Do you think we could just cuddle for a while?"

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma and the forums! You're going to like it here! :cool: