Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#20789 by sac_ooma
Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:43 pm
Hi,

I recently joined OOMA community and very satisfied with the product, being happy using OOMA service. However, there is onething that has been bothering me when using OOMA phone service. Each time when I pick up the phone and make a call, the desktop that uses an USB wireless adpter for accessing internet loses internet connection, but will has the internet connection back in seconds after I hang up the phone. The other laptop computers using build-in adapter does not have such problem. The problem with the desktop occurs even when only the desktop is using internet.

I have QWEST DSL internet service, speed is 5MPS, and I am using QWEST router with build-in modem. There is no cable goes from the modem/router to any computers at home. Any idea? Thanks in advance!
#20793 by sac_ooma
Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:08 pm
Yes, you are exactly right. Appreciated!

A further question. If I stay far enough away from the modem/router when I am using the cordless phone, will it help reduce the interference to the extent that the internet is still up for the desktop? Thanks again!

WayneDsr wrote:I would think it might be the cordless phone you may be using.
Unless it's a Dect 6, most cordless phones mess with internet connections.
Try using a wired phone and see if that helps.

And welcome to the ooma forums!

Wayne
#20822 by WayneDsr
Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:48 pm
You would have to put the base station quite a ways away for it not to interfer.
Sometimes changing the channel in the phone helps, but the only real fix is to buy the new DECT 6 phones that are not on the same frequency as the wireless router.

Wayne
#20868 by sac_ooma
Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:55 am
Thanks!

WayneDsr wrote:You would have to put the base station quite a ways away for it not to interfer.
Sometimes changing the channel in the phone helps, but the only real fix is to buy the new DECT 6 phones that are not on the same frequency as the wireless router.

Wayne