Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#20527 by ziggy
Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm
I'm not exactly sure when this started, but today we discovered that when our number is dialed, it doesn't ring at all - it goes straight to voice mail.

We are not in the process of getting our number ported and the do not disturb is not activated. I have rebooted the hub twice, and no difference. Our internet service is working just fine.

I have even tried calling the second phone number line I created with ooma, and the same thing happens as when I call my primary phone number; I don't hear any ring, but it goes right into voicemail.

Everything looks fine and normal on the hub and scout. I wouldn't have known there was a problem - no red lights or blinking anywhere to be seen.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
#20536 by just4fn
Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 pm
I don't know if you have this fixed yet but you may have the red envolope button pushed- this will go to "do not disturb". Push it again for about 3 seconds. You may not be able to see it because the light button on the right side may be turned all the way down. If its fixed- great!
#20557 by ziggy
Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm
Thanks, but that is not it. The light is turned all the way up, so I can tell if the button is activated. It is not lit, so it isn't activated...
#20560 by just4fn
Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:48 pm
A couple of things to try. reboot the hub. Could the light be burned out for the envolope? Can you make the hub go into dnd?
#20561 by ziggy
Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:55 pm
Already rebooted; no change. When I press envelope, it lights up. Try calling, goes to vm. Press envelope to have light turn off, try calling, goes to vm...
#20566 by southsound
Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm
ziggy wrote:I'm not exactly sure when this started, but today we discovered that when our number is dialed, it doesn't ring at all - it goes straight to voice mail.

I have even tried calling the second phone number line I created with ooma, and the same thing happens as when I call my primary phone number; I don't hear any ring, but it goes right into voicemail.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

By any chance are you calling your number from the phone attached to your ooma hub or scout? If so, this is normal behavior. You cannot call your ooma hub from your ooma hub. Both numbers will act the same. Try calling the numbers from a cell phone and see if you get the same result.
#20593 by just4fn
Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:14 am
Another thought. Is the phone number you are using blocked and going to voicemail? Try a cell phone that isn't blocked.
#20799 by DavidLyle
Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 pm
I am having this same issue and have gone through the steps. This is my second Hub, so I am somewhat familiar with the setup process although on my first Hub, I do not have a phone line connected.

Everything on the 2nd Hub (phone line connected) seems to work EXCEPT for it relaying a call to my landline through.

Any thoughts? I'll keep playing and if I figure it out, will post back here.

########## UPDATE ##############

I kept searching and realized I had setup my Hub incorrectly during the initial setup. I did not enable Landline use (I figured I could just plug it in and it would work).

I called into support and they changed my setup and now it works great!