Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#20444 by erbe
Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 am
Whenever my husband or I use our cell phones to call the ooma phone, we get an error message. Other calls are coming in just fine as far as I know. Why would this be happening?
#20445 by murphy
Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 am
erbe wrote:Whenever my husband or I use our cell phones to call the ooma phone, we get an error message. Other calls are coming in just fine as far as I know. Why would this be happening?

What, exactly, is the error message?
#21507 by erbe
Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am
It says this call can not be connected, that the phone number does not work. Like the standard message you get from the operator.
#21529 by niknak
Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 pm
this sounds like a switching problem with ooma's CLEC in your ratecenter. you should make a log of the dates, times and numbers you called from and call tech support - ooma engineers can trace the call logs to determine the issue
#21536 by erbe
Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:52 pm
Well that is the problem. It is from calls coming into our phone. I have since found out that it is not only our cell phones, but others as well. I do not always know when this is happening, since I do not get the calls.

And when you say to log the calls, what info are you looking for exactly, because I also have echo issues, and hang up issues when people call my phone, so I need to start logging calls.

People also complain that it never rings on their end.

Thanks for the help. I just need to start logging the calls (but how?) and then what do I do?
#21538 by erbe
Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:53 pm
Sorry, you just told me all the info I needed to know. Don't know where my head was at.
#21543 by WayneDsr
Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm
Are they all getting the same error message?

Do you get any calls in at all?

Wayne
#21585 by niknak
Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:40 pm
there is something wrong in your switching center - ooma engineers can fix it