Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#19580 by geno_je
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:47 am
Hello,

When I hit the play button on the scout or Hub, nothing happens. If I pick up the phone after I hit the play button, I hear the OOMA message through the phone receiver to press 1 to play message, 7 to delete, etc. Nothing plays through the OOMA speakers.

OOMA is acting like I am calling remotely to check my message * & PW.

Any ideas how to get OOMA back to normal so I play messages without also using the phone?

Thanks
#19581 by murphy
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 am
Turn up the volume control on the left side of the hub or scout.
#19604 by geno_je
Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 am
murphy wrote:Turn up the volume control on the left side of the hub or scout.

The volume is all the way up.

I think this first start happening is when I called remotely to check my voicemail. Ever since I have to listen to my messages by picking up the phone...
#19642 by jmassimilla
Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:25 pm
geno_je wrote:
murphy wrote:Turn up the volume control on the left side of the hub or scout.

The volume is all the way up.

I think this first start happening is when I called remotely to check my voicemail. Ever since I have to listen to my messages by picking up the phone...

Have you tried power cycling both the hub and scout?
#19796 by DougInAZ
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:34 am
If the answering machine at the ooma hub used to work and now doesn't, then the following probably won't be any help.
I had a problem with the answering machine functions at the ooma hub when I first installed ooma. The firewall in my cable modem was blocking some of the ports ooma needs to operate. Without all the necessary ports being open to ooma, some things worked and some didn't, and maybe some things didn't work all the time.

There is a FAQ covering the service ports required by ooma.