Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#19366 by CDR
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:10 pm
I still have my land line hooked and I am thinking of porting over my number, but when I told Qwest to turn off all my features includeing their caller ID, all I got when a call came in was UNKNOWN. I thought ooma had a caller ID feature. Does it have that limited a data base, or does it not work at all if the land line is connected? If I disconnect the land line will it work any better? I am afraid to port my number over if I lose reliable caller ID service.
#19367 by thbjr
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:19 pm
The Ooma CID works great. Is you lanline incorperated into the Ooma. If so, all local calls will be through the telco and only LD will be through the hub. How did you do your setup in the initial actication?
#19368 by CDR
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:54 pm
The line is connected to the ooma hub. Will have to post connection particulars later when I can get home to check it out. I have seperate phone and DSL jacks so I could get my Scout to work.
#19387 by bw1
Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 am
If you've integrated your landline with Ooma, then calls to the landline will not display caller id unless you have caller id from your landline service provider.

You'll know if you have an integrated landline if you didn't select a new phone number when you activated your Ooma, but instead selected to use it with your landline. You can also tell if you have to have your landline connected to the wall port of the Ooma hub in order for the tab to turn blue and the play and fast forward buttons are not solid red.

I believe that you can forward your landline number to your Ooma number and get caller id on calls to your landline number. But then you would not be able to receive incoming calls to your landline number if your power, internet or Ooma service is out. And outgoing calls would not display your landline's caller id info.