Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#19249 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:26 pm
I'm guessing that your email for the forum has to be the same as for the lounge. I don't know if changing it in the lounge will automatically carry over to the forum - if not then you would likely need one of the Mods like Bobby B to do it for you.
#19283 by southsound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 pm
Gatsby wrote:Thanks Groundhog for the input.

I was excited about the prospect of another fun, furry, often misunderstood small mammal was on the forum until I realized that the OP had just mis-typed your screen name. Say - don't hounds chase cute, cuddly, innocent, loveable raccoons? :razz:
#19284 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:33 pm
southsound wrote:
Gatsby wrote:Thanks Groundhog for the input.

I was excited about the prospect of another fun, furry, often misunderstood small mammal was on the forum until I realized that the OP had just mis-typed your screen name. Say - don't hounds chase cute, cuddly, innocent, loveable raccoons? :razz:

Hey, I'm cute and cuddly, and I try not to bay too much. I guess I'm gonna have to come up with an appropriate avatar.
#19287 by southsound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 pm
Groundhound wrote:Hey, I'm cute and cuddly, and I try not to bay too much. I guess I'm gonna have to come up with an appropriate avatar.

Maybe some suggestions:

Have fun choosing. And thank you for all the contributions you make to the forum! It's great to be among the awesome group of people we have here helping others and having a ball while doing so! :cool:
#19289 by doug
Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 pm
Gatsby wrote:How does one change the ooma forums e-mail address? Under profile it seems that the only change provided is for the password.

I'm in the same boat. To prepare for my port to Ooma, I had my DSL moved from the BTN which I was planning to port to a WTN which would stay active for the short term anyway. To make a long story short, AT&T didn't get the email associated with the old DSL transitioned to the new DSL line like they said they would, and now they "can't" reinstate the email address which I have had for over a decade.

It just suddenly died Monday, emails bounce, and they won't even do a forwarding to another address. There is "nothing" they can do. So I updated the Lounge but like Gatsby, discovered the control panel only lets you change the password and not the forum email.

The sooner I get rid of all ties to AT&T the better in my book !!
#19290 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 pm
southsound wrote:Have fun choosing. And thank you for all the contributions you make to the forum! It's great to be among the awesome group of people we have here helping others and having a ball while doing so! :cool:

Thanks! Some good ones there. I think I have one I'll use stashed away somewhere.
#19291 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:08 pm
doug wrote:
Gatsby wrote:I'm in the same boat. To prepare for my port to Ooma, I had my DSL moved from the BTN which I was planning to port to a WTN which would stay active for the short term anyway. To make a long story short, AT&T didn't get the email associated with the old DSL transitioned to the new DSL line like they said they would, and now they "can't" reinstate the email address which I have had for over a decade.

It just suddenly died Monday, emails bounce, and they won't even do a forwarding to another address. There is "nothing" they can do. So I updated the Lounge but like Gatsby, discovered the control panel only lets you change the password and not the forum email.

The sooner I get rid of all ties to AT&T the better in my book !!

That's why I use my own domains for email, for the most part. Domains are dirt cheap these days any you can make them work with most email services, like Google. Don't be an email prisoner to your ISP!
#19302 by thbjr
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 am
Groundhound wrote:That's why I use my own domains for email, for the most part. Domains are dirt cheap these days any you can make them work with most email services, like Google. Don't be an email prisoner to your ISP!

Having a domain or free web email account is like having a PO Box. No matter where you move, you always pick up your mail at the same place. I don't have a domain, but my 1st and still current email was with Hotmail. 10 years ago when I first got it, there was a limit of 1mb of space in your mailbox. I remember what a big deal it was when that went up to 10mb's. Today its 5Gb and 25Gb available on your Skydrive.
I wonder where it will be in another 10 years? ...and no, I've never been held hostage by an ISP email account. ;~)