Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#18425 by tonymena
Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am
[color=#00FF40]I love ooma for my domestic calls. But for International calls it is a disaster. I pre paid $10.00 and tried many times to connect calls to El Salvador. calls never went trough and my account was charged for every attemp to call. finally I got connected calling a land line and got charged like I were calling a cell phone which is a higher rate. I hope in the near future they could fix this problem. [/color]
#18428 by atici
Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 pm
I doubt this will ever be fixed. You will find a long list of complaints in the forum. Don't load any more money and ultimately you will be able to use up $10.

I use Google Voice now for international calls. Hopefully with Google Voice extensions (coming feature), one could switch to GV for international calls dialed over ooma.
#18504 by tommies
Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 pm
for call to western Europe, Canada, Autralia, ooma prepaid is a great bargain, around 1.5/2 cent per minute, plus the convernient of direct dialing (ie 011 + nation code + phone number)

for some smaller market the rate is much higher (20-40 cent/min) with ooma. The best bet is to find some niche calling card or 'dial around'/pin less prepaid for around 5-6 cent/min

few years back, I used to buy calling card of the net, now they are flooded with fraud. I use pin less prepaid service for <5cent/min to Vietnam compaire to 22cent with ooma.
#19052 by dyhopper
Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Just an FYI for anyone reading this forum and considering ooma for international calls. Our calls to Tokyo are very good quality. Haven't had a single problem connecting or with call quality. Even the fax works fine. Price is comparable with the cheapest calling cards (4.9 cents/minute including tax).