Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#18077 by gregg098
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:35 pm
I have had a few complaints over the last week or so about calling my Ooma number and just getting a busy signal. They usually end up just calling my cell phone out of frustration. I am going on a business trip this week so I emailed customer support with times of problems, but I figured Id ask here to see if anyone else has seen this.

A few other notes, after I find out from someone that the call did not work, calling out from my ooma always works. There is no excessive internet usage, no one else on the phone, etc...Just normal conditions with all normal indication on the ooma. Also, the people calling do not have blocked caller ID's or anything that my settings could interfere with.

Thanks.
#18082 by niknak
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm
Is it a normal busy signal or a fast busy?
Fast busy usually means a switching problem
you should make note of dates and times and call customer support so they can investigate
#18085 by gregg098
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:59 pm
Normal busy signal. I did log dates and times. I wont be available much so I had to resort to email. I gave them a ton of info so lets see what happens.
#18150 by voipdabbler
Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 am
Interesting, I have a call into Ooma support because I just got someone complaining to me that they can't get through--my Ooma number rings once and then they get a dial tone. I tried with my cellphone and other VOIP service and get the same thing. I don't know how long the inbound hasn't been functioning. I mainly use Ooma for outbound dialing and haven't given the number out to a lot of people. I have no problems with outbound calling. I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly. How long does it normally take first level support to bump issues up higher?