Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17304 by gregg098
Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am
I saw the release for this option and went to set this up, but I could not get it to save. I selected the Call forward on internet outage, verified the phone number, and clicked save. Then I got the message that it will take up to 3 minutes to update. I went to another page and came back and nothing was checking. I repeated and got the same issue. I selected the option again, saved, and then logged out. 5 minutes later (to allow for an update), I checked again and still, nothing was selected. I then selected and saved multi ring, left and came back, and the option was saved correctly. At this point, I chose the internet outage option again and saved and this time it took.

Anyone else have similar issues? Im just wondering if everyone else has to choose some other option first before the internet outage option will save.
#17306 by WayneDsr
Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am
I always make sure I'm using IE to access ooma.
The other browser choices are great, I use FireFox and Google Chrome. But when it comes to anything important, Banking online, ooma, I use IE just to be sure.

Clearing your cache may help.

Wayne
#17309 by bw1
Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 am
Someone else had a similar problem and had to log out and log back in to get the change to save.

Regarding browsers, I always try to use Firefox. And for sites that I know won't work, I will periodically try again with Firefox. Hopefully they see users attempting to use Firefox in their logs and will add the support. I've had at least one site change to support Firefox, so hopefully support is spreading.
#17326 by grathke
Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am
Can you only have 1 Call forward active. I'm looking to have forward active when the internet is down, and also multi-ring. I'm hoping these are not mutually exclusive.

Glenn

bw1 wrote:Someone else had a similar problem and had to log out and log back in to get the change to save.

Regarding browsers, I always try to use Firefox. And for sites that I know won't work, I will periodically try again with Firefox. Hopefully they see users attempting to use Firefox in their logs and will add the support. I've had at least one site change to support Firefox, so hopefully support is spreading.
#17360 by bw1
Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 pm
grathke wrote:Can you only have 1 Call forward active. I'm looking to have forward active when the internet is down, and also multi-ring. I'm hoping these are not mutually exclusive.

Glenn

bw1 wrote:Someone else had a similar problem and had to log out and log back in to get the change to save.

Yes, it is only one selection. There are now 3 choices instead of 2.
Unless you assign your numbers two assigned devices and then log in with your 2nd number. Then you could have a different choice for each number.
#17411 by t4feb
Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:54 am
I am having the same problem and I have used Firefox as well as IE and it will not save the settings. I have cleared everything out and it still won't save the settings. Thanks
#17417 by gregg098
Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 am
Try selecting and saving either multi-ring or call forwarding. Then leave the page and return to it. At this point your selection for internet outage should stick when you leave the page. This worked for me at least.