Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17292 by MarkHofmann
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:11 am
I have had my Ooma premier setup for over 2 months now and love it! I have had issues (2) times now - which I'm not sure is my ISP (Comcast) or something with the Ooma hub.

Basically what happens is the Ooma hub will all of a sudden have an IP address of 0.0.0.0 on the modem interface. This could very well be caused by an ISP issue.

After resetting my cable modem and then resetting the Ooma hub, it still has the 0.0.0.0 address. I double checked to make sure DHCP was working from my ISP by connecting it directly to one of my PCs and did get an IP address after releasing/renew.

My main question/suggestion is: It would be nice to have DHCP release/renew option on the Ooma hub network settings. I was not aware of the holding down the Ooma red tab while plugging in the unit to reset everything. I really would rather not have to re-configure everything if this happens again - when it seems a simple DHCP release/renew would have solved the problem.

Is there any simple way to get the Ooma hub to do a DHCP release/renew?

Thanks!

- Mark
#17361 by bw1
Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 pm
I don't think there is any easy way.

My previous router - Netgear, would lose its IP lease once in a while and have to be re-booted. I haven't had that problem since installing the Ooma hub after the modem and before the router.
#17420 by MarkHofmann
Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 am
I'm not sure if holding the "Ooma tab" (the one that is normally blue - or red when not working properly) and plugging it in would force a DHCP release/renew - but as I understand it, I would then have to re-configure the Ooma hub if I was to do that.

It would be nice to have a "DHCP Release/Renew" option under Network settings on the Ooma hub. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to implement if development was ok with the idea.

- Mark