Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17182 by AndrewS
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:39 pm
Nobody can call us suddenly all day (8-24-09). Everybody gets that high pitched "123" tone followed by the generic message: "Due to network difficulty your call can not be completed at this time. Please, try your call again later." I tried calling my number from my cell phone but all I'm getting is busy signal. We have no problem with making outbound calls.

I rebooted the system but it didn't help. Then I called the tech support, was put on hold several times and then asked to turn the knobs all the way up(?) on the Hub. Then upon test agreement, the rep. called me back succesfully. However, I still get busy signal when calling from my cell and the same message from the landline phone in another house.

Can you help, please?
Last edited by AndrewS on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
#17184 by Groundhound
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm
I can't offer much help in this case, except to say that it's not an area code issue. One of my Ooma numbers is in 770 and it's been working fine for inbound. I'd take it up again with support tomorrow if it's still happening and ask them to accelerate the problem to a higher level support tier.
#17188 by AndrewS
Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Are you in the middle of a port of your landline phone number to ooma?

Just a thought.

Wayne

No. I'm beyond that point. I have been with Ooma since March 2009 and other than the major national network outage in April or May, I had no problems.
#17208 by niknak
Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 am
...Then upon test agreement, the rep. called me back succesfully. However, I still get busy signal when calling from my cell and the same message from the landline phone in another house...

If the CS rep's call was made ooma to ooma, that would explain why it went through. Sounds like you have a switching problem with the CLEC ooma uses in your area...hopefully ooma engineering willk work to fix this asap
#17424 by AndrewS
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 am
niknak wrote:If the CS rep's call was made ooma to ooma, that would explain why it went through. Sounds like you have a switching problem with the CLEC ooma uses in your area...hopefully ooma engineering willk work to fix this asap

===========================
Niknak,
You were right, thank you for the explanation as it helped me to bypass repeating another set of useless tests when calling back the first level of support.

I called Customer Service again on Tuesday (Aug 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM) and (after short explanation of what was happening) asked right away for the Level II support . I didn't get to talk to the higher level rep. but I was issued a "ticket/case number" and was assurred the engineer will start working on my problem. I was also told to expect receiving either a phone call to the alternate phone # or an e-mail from "them" within 24-48 hours. Neither one happened yet...

However, this morning at 8:06 AM (Aug 27, 2009) our Ooma phone finally rang but somebody hung up on us. I'm assuming that was a test call as the Caller ID displayed "LEVEL 3" with the LOCAL AREA CODE phone number. I obviously tested then the connection with my cell phone and a land line phone from another house and we are back in business. I don't think I should expect any additional calls/e-mails from CS unless it will be a survey.

Anyway, I also want to thank other posters on this thread for their input and hopefully the fix on my Ooma system is now permanent :)