Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17015 by ziggy
Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:33 pm
Hi there!

I just installed my ooma hub and scout yesterday. So far, for the most part it is working just fine, but I'm still having one issue that I can't figure out. Hopefully someone out here can help me :)

When my husband tries to call our home number from work, I hear the phone ring, see the caller ID, but when I go to answer, I get the ooma dial tone. He says it rings and goes to voice mail. We can never connect on the call.

Even though I initially had checked Enable anonymous call block, in hopes of keeping the telemarketers away, I had to undo that, as he couldn't get through on his cell phone. Now that it is unchecked, he comes through on his cell. But his work number is not listed as Private or blocked, so I am perplexed why I can clearly see who it is, but I can't take the call.

Any ideas? Can anyone help?
Thanks!
#17026 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 pm
Make sure your envelope light on the ooma hub is not lit. If it is, hold it down for 5 seconds and it will turn off. All calls will go to voicemail if that light is lit.

Wayne
#17032 by niknak
Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:15 pm
...Even though I initially had checked Enable anonymous call block, in hopes of keeping the telemarketers away, I had to undo that, as he couldn't get through on his cell phone...

you could keep anonymous call block active and he could temporarily disable it on his cell phone when he calls home using *82