"Ooma" shows up as my caller ID instead of my name

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
circlef

Re: "Ooma" shows up as my caller ID instead of my name

Post by circlef » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:25 pm

I came across a strange thing. I paid to have the name changed and then kept checking the lounge. After about 4 weeks it still showed the old name. I called CS and they told me the change was made and the request had been closed. They re-opened it and told me to check back in a couple of days. I did and the lounge showed no change. Then I thought to have someone I called tell me what it said and the new name was being presented. I went back into the lounge and it still showed the old name. Weird. I called CS back and she told me that even thought the name had been changed in the databases, the name in the lounge didn't necessarily show the new name. She said if I felt better to see the new name in the lounge she would change it. She did and a few minutes later it showed the new name.

So, don't rely just on the lounge information for the name display. Have it checked via a call.

Alan
Member since January 2009 - Yep!
Premier Member - Yep! - Core and Scout =2 - Yep!
Saving Money - Yep! a lot - Love Ooma - You Bet!

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm

southsound wrote: I've just come to realize that it will never show my name and I can't do squat about it. YMMV.
:razz:
Actually my name is just fine in the lounge. It is just when I call anyone else - like my Qwest landline - that they get the unavailable response.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:06 am

I made a call yesterday to a friend of mine who lives i Novi,Michigan and I live in SC. in which case he screens his calls and told me that on the caller ID it had Columbia SC not my name which was strange to me. I started to leave a message when he heard my voice he picked the phone up.
Terry

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:12 am

That means that your caller ID name has not propagated to the caller ID database used by the Michigan phone company. City and state appear to be the default for newly issued blocks of phone numbers.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks at least now I have an idea why that happen.
Terry