Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17152 by circlef
Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:25 pm
I came across a strange thing. I paid to have the name changed and then kept checking the lounge. After about 4 weeks it still showed the old name. I called CS and they told me the change was made and the request had been closed. They re-opened it and told me to check back in a couple of days. I did and the lounge showed no change. Then I thought to have someone I called tell me what it said and the new name was being presented. I went back into the lounge and it still showed the old name. Weird. I called CS back and she told me that even thought the name had been changed in the databases, the name in the lounge didn't necessarily show the new name. She said if I felt better to see the new name in the lounge she would change it. She did and a few minutes later it showed the new name.

So, don't rely just on the lounge information for the name display. Have it checked via a call.

Alan
#17157 by southsound
Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm
southsound wrote: I've just come to realize that it will never show my name and I can't do squat about it. YMMV.
:razz:

Actually my name is just fine in the lounge. It is just when I call anyone else - like my Qwest landline - that they get the unavailable response.
#17192 by t4feb
Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:06 am
I made a call yesterday to a friend of mine who lives i Novi,Michigan and I live in SC. in which case he screens his calls and told me that on the caller ID it had Columbia SC not my name which was strange to me. I started to leave a message when he heard my voice he picked the phone up.
#17193 by murphy
Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:12 am
That means that your caller ID name has not propagated to the caller ID database used by the Michigan phone company. City and state appear to be the default for newly issued blocks of phone numbers.