Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16922 by shabtai
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:01 pm
I have a hub and a scout and 2 separate numbers. I would like only the scout to ring when the second number is called and if possible, only the hub to ring when the first number is called. I was told that this is possible, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, when I call from the second number, what number gets displayed on the recipients CID? I want it to be specifically the second number.

Thanks a lot.
#16936 by murphy
Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:29 am
shabtai wrote:I have a hub and a scout and 2 separate numbers. I would like only the scout to ring when the second number is called and if possible, only the hub to ring when the first number is called. I was told that this is possible, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, when I call from the second number, what number gets displayed on the recipients CID? I want it to be specifically the second number.

Thanks a lot.

Give the scout a name and make it a private device. You will need the serial number (inside of the rectangle) from the bottom of the scout to do this.
Assign the second phone number to the scout. Once this is done, the main number will ring on the hub and the second number will ring on the scout.

Note that you must have Premier service for this to continue working after your Premier trial expires.
#17024 by shabtai
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:08 pm
Thanks. So I have done what you said. However, I cannot actually call the second number that is assigned to the scout. I get a message that the phone is unavailable. Any ideas?
#17027 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:41 pm
Just to be sure, power cycle the hub and scout. Turn it off for a few minutes, then back on.

If you've done everything correctly and it still doesn't work, there could be another issue here.
Some Scouts were mislabeled and the serial number is actually wrong.
I'm not saying this is your case, but if you can't get it to work, I would call Customer Service tomorrow and double check.

Wayne