Can a Linksys N bandwidth bridge be used to connect?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
inlandjetstream

Can a Linksys N bandwidth bridge be used to connect?

Post by inlandjetstream » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:58 am

I have no phone line near my internet connection. Is there a way to connect my ooma hub to the scout via my wireless N bandwidth network?

I have a Linksys Dual band N gigahertz wireless router and bridge system in my home.

If not are there any plans in the future for wireless or wireless network cabable scouts?

niknak

Re: Can a Linksys N bandwidth bridge be used to connect?

Post by niknak » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 am

The Hub and scout need a wired pair conneced between them

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 am

inlandjetstream wrote: If not are there any plans in the future for wireless or wireless network cabable scouts?
The upcoming Telo has wireless handsets instead of scouts.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 pm

inlandjetstream wrote:I have no phone line near my internet connection. Is there a way to connect my ooma hub to the scout via my wireless N bandwidth network?
No, The scout and Hub communicate in a way similar to DSL. But the previous poster is correct. The connection is made via a twisted pair of 22ga wire.
inlandjetstream wrote: I have a Linksys Dual band N gigahertz wireless router and bridge system in my home.

If not are there any plans in the future for wireless or wireless network cabable scouts?
Ooma Telo will incorporate a hand held system similar to cordless phone with a scout built in.

inlandjetstream

Post by inlandjetstream » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 am

thanks.

desertrat

Post by desertrat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am

I am plugged into my Linsksy ..we also have no cable , dsl or Fiber optics in this area.

hub has had no problems, we are just now porting our numbers so will be working with the scouts next.