Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16756 by Pandora
Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm
My long term landline has just been ported to Ooma. It took 15 days. There were some problems, but Ooma tech support seemed up to the task.

This port to Ooma was faster than any prior port, and AT&T wasn't exactly helpful. However it seems as if Ooma support has a better handle on ports than they used to.

I'm very pleased.

Thanks to all at Ooma, and in particular to Ooma support staff people Bill and Carol who were both extremely helpful and made absolutely certain I was satisfied with the result.
#16781 by etremps
Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience Pandora. After successful use of my ooma device for a couple of weeks (with domestic and international calls), I too decided to port my AT&T number to ooma. I placed the porting order just a couple of days ago with ooma and I'm scheduled to have the AT&T DSL "dry loop" and phone number split early next week. I am still waiting for the initial email from ooma confirming the estimated porting date.

I'm glad to hear things went fairly smooth for you and that the good folks from ooma Support were helpful.