Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16727 by atici
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 am
You can change the duration when ooma voicemail kicks in in the lounge. If you set a very high value, then your phone's voicemail would kick in first.
#16728 by jimc28352
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 am
atici wrote:You can change the duration when ooma voicemail kicks in in the lounge. If you set a very high value, then your phone's voicemail would kick in first.

This would be a fix until the number spoofing security problem is fixed I believe?
#16734 by southsound
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am
Probably not since (from my understanding) the call from your own number goes right to voicemail without a delay based on number of rings.
#16750 by lohertz
Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 pm
jimc28352 wrote:Is their any way too turn the Ooma voicemail off and use the answering machine that came with my phone?

Short answer:

No, and there isn't any available work around at this time.
#16769 by scottlindner
Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:32 pm
atici wrote:You can change the duration when ooma voicemail kicks in in the lounge. If you set a very high value, then your phone's voicemail would kick in first.

This doesn't work for several reasons. The most important reason is that you'll still miss voicemails this way. If you receive a second call while someone is leaving a voicemail, it'll be taken by Ooma, not your answering machine. The same is true if you're on the phone, Ooma will take the message rather than the caller getting a busy signal.

Another reason this doesn't work is Ooma blocks the DTMF so you will never be able to check your messages on your answering machine remotely.

Scott
#17284 by Leeway
Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 am
I have my home cordless phone answering machine set to 4 rings and I have Ooma set to 6 rings.

My answering machine picks up first. If I am on the phone and I have a Flash call, I can either answer it or let it go on to the Ooma answering machine.

I get an email from Ooma when there are messages waiting to be played and there is a light on the hub too.

This all works just fine for me.