Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16469 by rob
Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 am
Recently added Ooma and have been happy with it. However, from what I read, your agreement to have free local and long distance, with no monthly/yearly fee is only for 3 years. If that is the case, what happens after 3 years assuming Ooma is still around?

I hope they are because I'm satisfied with the unit. However, does this mean they will implement some monthly/yearly fee even when you don't have the "premium" service option?

Has anyone asked them or know about what their policy is moving forward?
#16472 by Aveamantium
Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 am
rob wrote:Recently added Ooma and have been happy with it. However, from what I read, your agreement to have free local and long distance, with no monthly/yearly fee is only for 3 years. If that is the case, what happens after 3 years assuming Ooma is still around?

I hope they are because I'm satisfied with the unit. However, does this mean they will implement some monthly/yearly fee even when you don't have the "premium" service option?

Has anyone asked them or know about what their policy is moving forward?

Can you quote your source on this (I have not seen this)?
#16490 by niknak
Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am
...your ability to have free local and long distance, with no monthly/yearly fee is only for 3 years..

That's not what I read here:
http://www.ooma.com/termsandconditions/

(b) Subject to the limitations in this Agreement, purchase of certain ooma devices includes the capability to make calls that terminates within the United States using the device during the life of the device. Any and all references on ooma packaging, in sponsored advertising, on the ooma web site, in third party marketing materials and/or in any other context or location that refer to the provision of "free" calling and/or "service for life" and/or "unlimited" service and or "free home phone service" and/or "free U.S. calling with no monthly fees" shall be narrowly construed as providing the customer with the ability to make a reasonable amount of calls within the United States consistent with normal residential use for the life of the product, and are subject to the terms and limitations of this Agreement. These calls will be routed using the Internet Protocol over your High-Speed internet connection and are subject to the characteristics described in Paragraph 3 below