Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16414 by thbjr
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:30 pm
mthomtech wrote:ninnak, Wayne and others,

What does your home screen on the setup page say when you DO NOT have a landline provisioned.

Just curious. I never paid too much attention before, but mine now says "Connected" for phone line and "You phone line is configured for the ooma network" for phone setup. Just curious if that is the normal messages even if you don't have a landline provisioned.

Thanks.

This question from this thread, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2342 got me curious.
My OOMA setup page shows my Phone Line: Disconnected.
I don't get it. The system seems to be working perfectly, so why does the setup page show that I'm disconnected? What am I missing?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.23 KiB) Viewed 4731 times
#16420 by Aveamantium
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:47 pm
A "Connected" status indicates a powered phone line is connected to the "WALL" port of the ooma Hub. Normally a powered line is detected when the "WALL" port of the ooma Hub is plugged into a phone jack with an active landline.

In other words it means that you're not using the integrated landline.
#16426 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:30 pm
Yes, that's correct. I do not have ooma associated with my landline, however, the WALL on the hub is connected to the wall jack in my house, which has an active landline.

Wayne
#16473 by Aveamantium
Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 am
SUBVET wrote:My hub is already activated so can you still check on the status of your connections. I can't pull up the home page

You need to be connected through the HOME port to see the setup page (unless you did the DMZ trick). If you can only see part of the setup page, disable your antivirus (kasperky and bitdefender block this page for some reason).