Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16402 by latinhawk
Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:31 pm
I am livid. I just spent over an hour on 2 call to customer support and those people in the Philippines are just like a parrot they repeat the same thing over and over again and refuse to escalate the calls to the US. The quality of the support can be known on the first question. I asked about SIP and they had no clue as to what SIP is and they work for an IP Telco.
I hope I can find a way to speak with someone who knows what they are doing. This does not bode well for day one.
#16403 by dtalwar
Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm
In my experience, these forums are a great way to solve problems or answer questions. In addition to pursuing support, I would post my question or problem here too. Just my 2 cents.
#16409 by niknak
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm
... I asked about SIP and they had no clue as to what SIP is and they work for an IP Telco...

Remember that ooma ( and cable voip companies) are only telephone service providers, not phone companies

Although ooma's engineering staff most certainly knows about SIP, the staff that deals with subscribers are more concerned with consumer issues, not engineering issues
#16410 by inspectorgene
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm
dtalwar wrote:In my experience, these forums are a great way to solve problems or answer questions. In addition to pursuing support, I would post my question or problem here too. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto.

I personally think that the responses to user questions by a few of the helpful ooma owners on this forum is one of the best reasons to keep ooma and work through any issues you may have.

my .02 as well

ooooo-maaaaa
#16587 by oomg
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:31 am
inspectorgene wrote:
dtalwar wrote:In my experience, these forums are a great way to solve problems or answer questions. In addition to pursuing support, I would post my question or problem here too. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto.

I personally think that the responses to user questions by a few of the helpful ooma owners on this forum is one of the best reasons to keep ooma and work through any issues you may have.

my .02 as well

ooooo-maaaaa

That's right... there are some very competent people that peruse these foums on a regular basis (and I'm not necessarily included in that group). So, why not give it a try. Let's start with the basics.

General location? ISP? Connection type? Equipment? Problem? Objective? Good luck... and welcome aboard.