Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16110 by TITANIUM
Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:39 pm
Lots of previous problems traced to a defective modem. Modem replaced with Netgear combination modem/router. Internet access is fine both wired and wireless. But 1 & 2 and the tab on OOMA are blood red. Power cycled Ooma, reset ooma, power cycled router, modem, and PC. Still a dead Ooma. I though the problem was traced back to a defective modem but everything has now been replaced and Ooma still will not give me a dial tone. Ideas?
#16111 by niknak
Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Possibly DHCP problem?
Is hub provisioned for a landline and is a line with dial tone attached?
Is ISP DSL, are you sure no HPNA interference?
#16113 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:50 pm
TITANIUM wrote:Lots of previous problems traced to a defective modem. Modem replaced with Netgear combination modem/router. Internet access is fine both wired and wireless. But 1 & 2 and the tab on OOMA are blood red. Power cycled Ooma, reset ooma, power cycled router, modem, and PC. Still a dead Ooma. I though the problem was traced back to a defective modem but everything has now been replaced and Ooma still will not give me a dial tone. Ideas?

This exact thing just happened to me not more than an hour ago. Just got off the phone with tech support and we also hard reset the ooma hub, but still nothing. The only thing that changed was now the Play and Forward buttons are also red.

Just curious, what kind of issues were you having with your modem/router?
#16115 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 pm
For my issue, I was just swapping out a power supply for my modem. My only PC with a hardwired ethernet connection had been acting up a bit and losing it's connection, so I also thought a power cycle may help that issue.

Anyway, when I powered off the modem/router, I noticed the ooma hub was still blue ... strange. Then I unplugged ooma, changed the power adapter for my modem/router, started up the modem/router, then plugged in the ooma hub. The hub did turn blue initially, but while I wasn't looking went to flashing red with 1 and 2 solid red.

Several power cycles and resets, and still nothing.
#16116 by TITANIUM
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:10 pm
Ultimat virus, I got the same bug. The ooma setup page is down, maybe it has something to do with it. I;vbe power cycled until I turned blue and Ooma still is red with 1 & 2 and the tab lit up.

Modem was from Verizon and I had inconsistent problems with internet. New modem solved this problem but Ooma has remained dead. It's my only phone line to the outside world.
#16117 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 pm
TITANIUM:
If your ooma hub is "provisioned" then you need to connect a landline with a dialtone to the WALL port of the ooma hub.
Provisioned means ooma WITH a landline.
The other choice is:
Ooma without a landline and you have a number from ooma.

Wayne
#16124 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:37 pm
TITANIUM wrote:Not provisioned. Dry loop DSL. No land line. Connection is right. Ooma is dead. Open to ideas.

No ideas yet from me ... nothing has worked so far for me. At least my ooma lounge and voicemail are working, so no missed calls.

Tech support opened a ticket for me, but the engineers won't be in until tomorrow and they had to escalate to them.

I'm not sure what else to try. The other thing I can't figure out is why, after the hard reset of ooma, now I'm getting 4 solid red lights (1,2,play,forward). The play and forward means that it's not detecting a dial tone from my landline, but I'm also not provisioned for a landline. I don't know if the hard reset had something to do with that.

Have you called tech support? I'd definitely be interested if you find anything that works!