Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16043 by Leeway
Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 pm
When my number was finished porting, I called the local police station to test the 911 accuracy. The gal told me to hang up and dial 911 right away.

She answered the phone and said all was fine but she did tell me that if I called 911 for an emergency to be sure and state my phone number because there were two of them?

On my account, I still see the Ooma phone number that I picked out when I activated my new Ooma but why? Doesn't it seem once your number is ported that you'd only have that one particular number?

I do not have premier and I do not have two line capability.

On the same thought, what happens if you do have two phone numbers going and you dial 911. Are they both identifiable?
#16232 by bw1
Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am
You say you don't have premier. Is it possible that you are still in your trial period of premier. The trial normally is for 60 days, but is for 6 months if you buy your Ooma online from Costco.com.

That would be the only reason why you would have 2 numbers and in any case, I wouldn't think both numbers would be sent when calling 911.