Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16006 by ooma-fan
Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:46 am
My OOMA hub is down (because of my internet connection outage), I have placed the call forwarding on ooma lounge but incoming call always reachs ooma voice mail immediately without ringing the number which I would like to forward to...any clues?
Last edited by ooma-fan on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
#16014 by ooma-fan
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 am
There is an internal bug #5078, please refer to Bobby's reply: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2155&

Bobby, could you please share with us when the bug will be fixed? Thanks.

Bobby B wrote:Hi Robert,

Sorry about the network availability confusion with this feature. When you have Multi-Ring or Call Forward All calls should continue to be forwarded to your Forwarding Number even if the Hub is down. I don't think this is documented in the help, so I'll add this information there.

The reason the Forwarding features don't work in your case is due to a bug (internal bug #5078). This bug was introduced in July and affects the routing of the call to the forwarding number so that if the Hub is offline OR Call Forward All is turned on, your call will always get sent to voicemail. This is known to affect a smaller subset of customers.

We're working on a fix for the above bug. Also, if all goes well with testing in the next few days, we should also have a true Call Forward on Internet Outage mode within a couple weeks.

-Bobby

robtcody wrote:I have Multi-Ring enabled to my cell phone and it works fine. But when I power down my ooma hub, calls go directly to VM. How can I have calls go to my cell phone when the hub (or internet) is down?