Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15823 by kksoft
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm
I have a toll-free number so my customers call call me. The toll free number is a computer attendant that asks them to push one or two after the greeting and FORWARDS the live caller to my ooma number. BEFORE I switched to ooma only I had a land-line for my ooma number, now it is ooma only.

NO calls FROM my toll-free number can get through to my ooma number. Yes, I have UN-checked anonymous call block and have NO private or public numbers blocked. My toll-free number people, Grasshopper, say that maybe ooma is blocking forwarded calls FROM a toll-free number.

Can anyone help? Thanks
#15902 by Quicksprj
Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:41 am
I'm not sure why ooma wouldn't accept forwarded calls from your 800 number because it accepts forwarded calls from my google voice number. If you have a google voice number maybe forward your 800 number to that and it will forward the call to tour ooma number. A double forward I guess bur if it works who cares. If you don't have a google number you might ask someone on this forum if they have an extra invite. That's where I got mine.
#16218 by iSEPIC
Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am
kksoft wrote:I have a toll-free number so my customers call call me. The toll free number is a computer attendant that asks them to push one or two after the greeting and FORWARDS the live caller to my ooma number. BEFORE I switched to ooma only I had a land-line for my ooma number, now it is ooma only.

NO calls FROM my toll-free number can get through to my ooma number. Yes, I have UN-checked anonymous call block and have NO private or public numbers blocked. My toll-free number people, Grasshopper, say that maybe ooma is blocking forwarded calls FROM a toll-free number.

Can anyone help? Thanks

One thing to check is maybe your number is on the pooled spam list (maybe a prior owner of the #) - I would suggest you verify your settings are to pass the caller ID of the caller (and not the DNIS er your own toll free #) -- and also make sure you have turned off any sort of blocking - just to test - then after this, give them a call for support if it's still being blocked or not going though.