Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15603 by hwgang
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 am
......couldn't get me to give up Ooma and come back to Vonage". This is what my pistol of an 80 year old mother has been telling the Vonage reps who are hounding her incessantly. :-D ROFLOL!
#15614 by southsound
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 am
I think your 80 year old mother belongs on this forum! Sounds like our kind of people. Maybe we could pit her against whn and vtec525. Even if we gave the others a couple of points, my money is on your Mom. Give her a hug from me and do something to make her feel special today! She's a keeper. :cool:
#15617 by hwgang
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am
Yeah, gotta at least get those Vonage #s blacklisted for her. That's what I had to do, too when we left Vonage. They ARE persistent. Mom doesn't do "on line". That's my job. She is a character!
#15624 by hwgang
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 am
mjv5864 wrote:When we canceled Vonage, I asked them to put me on the "do not call" list. Never heard from them again.

Knowing mom as I do my guess is

a) that would never occur to her

b) she's having too much fun with them to care :-D

When I swapped her over she was very concerned about "what am I going to tell Vonage?" as if she were about to hurt a friend's feelings. I told her she could tell them anything she wanted. I guess she came up with something good!

Now we had Vonage and it worked fine, but my mother's Vonage phone service was a nightmare from the beginning and they (with OUR help, not Mom's) could never seem to get it straightened out. So Vonage is good riddance to bad service as well as the bill.

Nay, Wayne, my mom's not a baker. She's a great cook, but slow, slow, slow. If you ever saw the SNL skit with Dan Ackroyd as "the anal-retentive chef", that's MY mom. LOL! But she has many talents and, as you can see, a great sense of humor.