Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15618 by WayneDsr
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am
Since you've had ooma for sometime, is your modem and ooma configured for ppoe? Is your modem in bridge mode? Do you have ooma set up in ppoe with a user name and password for the DSL connection?

If this is so, I can understand why you don't have internet with modem-->pc, but you do with modem-->ooma-->pc. But at this point I don't have clue why ooma isn't connecting.
However, I'm very confused as to what's working and what's not at this point.

If you could connect to the HOME port with a pc or laptop and go to setup.ooma.com, could you post the settings in advanced network?

Also, when you move things around on the network, make sure you power cycle everything involved, including the modem.

Wayne
#15775 by TITANIUM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 am
Home Port
IP Address: . . . 172 27 35 1
Netmask: . . . 255 255 255 0
DHCP Configuration
Start Address: . . . 172 27 35 10
End Address: . . . 272 27 35 160

Here are the setting. And Ooma still does not work. Surprised you left me a message on the hub as it really is still not working. I obviously have internet that works as that is how I am posting. Ooma is still dead. Blinking red tab. Lines 1 & 2 remain lit. Power cycled, reconnected, disconnected, replaced the phone jack (made sure no cross talk, etc.), the cables, tested the modem, called Verizon. Ideas?
#15776 by southsound
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 am
TITANIUM wrote: DHCP Configuration
Start Address: . . . 172 27 35 10
End Address: . . . 272 27 35 160

Not sure how it would affect things as I'm not the greatest network guy but I don't believe 272.27.35.160 is a valid IP address. Is the above just a typo?

Edit because I mistyped the address from the quote.
Last edited by southsound on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
#15777 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 am
1 and 2 lights lit means that the hub cannot register with the ooma network.
Sorry to ask again, but do you have the ooma hub connected after the router? modem-->router--> ooma hub?

If so, are you accessing the internet from a pc connected to the router?

Wayne
#15791 by TITANIUM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 am
You're right, typo. My apologies. Beyond frustration. And when Oooma tehc support calls on my home phone to say they left a message and all seems fine....you beging to wonder about tech support. After 20 minutes on hold twice, I gave up. Maybe time for vonage.
#16091 by bw1
Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 am
It looks like you already did a hard reset.

Try this:
Turn off your PC and unplug both the DSL modem and Ooma hub.
Connect the Ooma hub modem port directly to your DSL modem and one PC to the home port on the hub.
Wait 30 seconds.
Plug hub back in.
Wait another 30 seconds.
Plug modem back in.
Wait another 30 seconds.
Turn your PC on and after it boots, go to http://setup.ooma.com and you should see "Registering to the ooma network" or something like that.