Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16921 by dtalwar
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:00 pm
atici- I have the same setup except my Hub is not in the DMZ, it is just another device connected to the router. It works fine. Should it really be in the DMZ? (I have asked the question before but the answer was why bother with it when it is working ok, I guess I am just curious about the reason why you have it in the DMZ.)
#16923 by niknak
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 pm
If the hub is in the DMZ you can access the setup.ooma.com by page or ip address from any pc on your network rather than through the ooma's home port
#16925 by atici
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 pm
So do you have modem-> router-> ooma then?

If so go to Advanced-> Gamefuel in DGL-4500 preferences and set a relatively low priority for ooma (I have 10). Also in order to do that you gotta have DHCP reservation for ooma so that it's always assigned the same ip by the router.

You don't need to put ooma on DMZ. If things work, you're good to go. I did it to be on the safe side. Basically ooma is recommended to be first in the chain in the manual. By placing it in DMZ, you ensure it has almost the same privileges as being the first in the chain.
#16926 by dtalwar
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 pm
I do have modem -> router -> Ooma. Reserved DHCP addresses for all devices. QoS Priority set to a low number as you said. The Hub is not in the DMZ. Everything works fine. I will leave the configuration as it is.