Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15320 by jairus
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:35 pm
I'm sorry if there is already a similar thread with an issue similar to mine, I searched the forums but could not find it.
My Ooma hub stopped working just the other day. The top four buttons -1,2, trash can, and mail - are solid red and the Ooma tab is blinking red.
I tried a hard reset of the hub, that did not help.
I verified and there is not problem with the Ethernet cable going to the Ooma - I plugged in a laptop to the Ethernet cable that is plugged into the Ooma and I got internet access.
I plugged in an Ethernet cable to the Home port on the Ooma and plugged it into my desktop. I was able to open http://setup.ooma.com and see the settings on the device.
Can somebody suggest what to try to get this going? I called the 800 number and they were not much help. They tried to find fault with my DSL modem/router setup, which is fine.
If it helps with anything, my setup is DSL modem/ router / Ooma.
TIA for any help.
#15323 by niknak
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:38 pm
Is your ooma setup to work with an existing landline?
Do you have a phone plugged in to the ooma?
#15324 by jairus
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm
Yes and yes.

niknak wrote:Is your ooma setup to work with an existing landline?
Do you have a phone plugged in to the ooma?
#15325 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm
If you registered your ooma WITH a landline (integrated) then you need the WALL port of the ooma hub connected to the phone jack in your house wall jack or you will not get any phone connection (blue light).

Wayne
#15329 by tommies
Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 pm
jairus wrote:Yes and yes.

niknak wrote:Is your ooma setup to work with an existing landline?
Do you have a phone plugged in to the ooma?

Does the land line still have a dial tone? if you have ported your number, i.e. the land line now is dead, this is the problem. You need to call CS to change it to work without a land line.

My situation is a little bit different: my number is ported, but I have DSL so even there is no dial tone, the voltage is still there(50volt DC), and ooma seems happy with it.
#15331 by but2002
Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:22 pm
tommies wrote:
jairus wrote:Yes and yes.

niknak wrote:Is your ooma setup to work with an existing landline?
Do you have a phone plugged in to the ooma?

Does the land line still have a dial tone? if you have ported your number, i.e. the land line now is dead, this is the problem. You need to call CS to change it to work without a land line.

My situation is a little bit different: my number is ported, but I have DSL so even there is no dial tone, the voltage is still there(50volt DC), and ooma seems happy with it.


This is ONLY true if the Ooma is set to work integrated with a landline, if it is not, then you do NOT even need it connected to a landline.
#15335 by jairus
Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:57 pm
I really appreciate all the help!
The Ooma is set up to be used with a line. I verified the line by making a call and everything is OK there.
#15337 by niknak
Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm
ok, you said you did a hard reset of the hub? did you just power it down, wait, then power it back up or did you reset to factory defaults by holding down the ooma tab while powering on the hub?
#15338 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:15 pm
And the ooma hub is connect to the house wall jack via the WALL port on the ooma hub?

Wayne
#15340 by jairus
Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm
I did the real hard reset. Hold down the Ooma tab while powering up.

niknak wrote:ok, you said you did a hard reset of the hub? did you just power it down, wait, then power it back up or did you reset to factory defaults by holding down the ooma tab while powering on the hub?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests