Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15016 by 1kenthomas
Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:22 pm
Howdy all,

I recently signed up for OOMA, chose to integrate existing phone line & to port (moving the DSL onto another physical line as AT&T doesn't seem to understand "dry loop").

Porting seems to have completed today, though I haven't received notice-- the old line went dead and calls to its number route to the OOMA box over the internet.

Problem? The OOMA box only functions with the new line plugged into the back-- unplug the physical line, or lose dial tone, and the OOMA light goes from blue to red, calls are routed to voicemail, and, oddest and most annoying of all, no outgoing calls can be made.

Fixes?
#15021 by southsound
Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:01 pm
It is probably too late tonight but first thing in the morning give ooma support a call at 888 711-6662 and they can fix it while you are online. Hopefully you have either a cell phone or a neighbor so you can make the call.
#15037 by but2002
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:43 pm
1kenthomas wrote:Howdy all,

I recently signed up for OOMA, chose to integrate existing phone line & to port (moving the DSL onto another physical line as AT&T doesn't seem to understand "dry loop").

Porting seems to have completed today, though I haven't received notice-- the old line went dead and calls to its number route to the OOMA box over the internet.

Problem? The OOMA box only functions with the new line plugged into the back-- unplug the physical line, or lose dial tone, and the OOMA light goes from blue to red, calls are routed to voicemail, and, oddest and most annoying of all, no outgoing calls can be made.

Fixes?

When you chose "Integrate" that tells ooma that you only want to use it for Long Distance, and you want to use your landline for local calls.

This won't work for your situation

As southsound already aid, give Support a call
#15041 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 pm
Longshot:
If your port did occur today as you say, you might want to shut ooma off (pull out the power wire) and wait about 5 minutes. Plug the power back in and try. Sometimes this can fix an issue and hopefully it will.
Otherwise you will need to call ooma tomorrow as Southsound states.

Wayne
#15043 by scottlindner
Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:12 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Longshot:
If your port did occur today as you say, you might want to shut ooma off (pull out the power wire) and wait about 5 minutes. Plug the power back in and try. Sometimes this can fix an issue and hopefully it will.
Otherwise you will need to call ooma tomorrow as Southsound states.

Wayne

Might be a long shot, but it's a very good suggestion considering the time of day.

Scott