Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67221 by 97526
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm
In the last 24 hours, I have called my ooma number from 3 sources...
12 calls, 10 went to voicemail and not even a partial ring on the ooma phone.
I have the ooma hub

It is under the desk and just looked at it, now instead of the OOMA plastic sign a steady blue, it is a flashing red.
What does that mean?
#67222 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 pm
97526 wrote:In the last 24 hours, I have called my ooma number from 3 sources...
I have the ooma hub

It is under the desk and just looked at it, now instead of the OOMA plastic sign a steady blue, it is a flashing red.
What does that mean?

That means you lost internet connection.
Check this out and do at least the built in modem port MAC address: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9536#p66155
#67226 by 97526
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm
lbmofo wrote:
97526 wrote:In the last 24 hours, I have called my ooma number from 3 sources...
I have the ooma hub

What does that mean?

That means you lost internet connection.
Check this out and do at least the built in modem port MAC address: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9536#p66155

I dont know what the mac thing is, I pulled the power cord to the ooma, restarted it and it still is flashing red on the ooma sign.
I do have internet connection.
#67228 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:56 pm
Power cycle the modem or router first while ooma is off? Whichever your ooma is connected to.

BTW, the link I provided has step by step in it.
#67232 by wallynm
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 pm
What color is the envelope suppose to be if Do Not Disturb is turned on ( RED) and what color is the envelope suppose to be if do not disturb is turned off (blue).

it seems to make no difference what the color is as it just goes to voice mail every time. :?:
#67413 by harvey
Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 am
Go to phone settings on your hand held phone. Turn off everything except voice mail spkr. My calls now are going thru.I have it set for 4 rings and then VM pick up as it is suppose to do. May only work for a little while. But it is working now.
#67416 by dkdj5
Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:00 pm
I've had this happen also. It would be good for Ooma to look into it.
There are some things I would suggest though. We use the Ooma voice mail. We have the Hub were we can see the missed messages light. That way we know sooner than later if there are missed calls.

I suspect that because of the way the internet works. This may be a difficult to fix problem. If possible, either run an ethernet cable to where you can see the Hub. Or if you have Telo, get a handset and put it where you see it often. This works great for my Mom. You can work the voice mail with the handset. It has a huge range of at least 200 ft with great reception.

If Ooma doesn't do it already, they could try sending multible signals to the Hub instead of just when the call come in, to perhaps overcome a dropped packet (signal). Let the phone ring a few seconds before going to voice mail.
#67608 by nkaushal94
Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm
this happens to my hub as well on about 1 out of every 5 incoming calls. I don't think its an issue on my side because i have been using ooma for 3 months now without issue.
#67649 by Spiky
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 am
I just had this happen today. Called home, one ring, straight to Ooma voicemail. (I have Telo, set to 8 rings or so) I've since discovered nobody was on the phone, and it is running properly, a later call went through fine.

I don't use Ooma vm, since I am not interested in Premier or the Telo handsets. We have vm in the phone system, a wired/wireless combo from Uniden. I've got a complex network of wires of all sorts, and I really don't want to alter that to put the Telo in charge of vm.

I really don't want to get yet another wireless handset, esp at $50, with poor reviews.
#67650 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:17 am
Spiky wrote:I don't use Ooma vm, since I am not interested in Premier or the Telo handsets. We have vm in the phone system, a wired/wireless combo from Uniden. I've got a complex network of wires of all sorts, and I really don't want to alter that to put the Telo in charge of vm.

Telo is not in charge of the VM. VM is stored remotely on ooma servers. One benefit you get with using ooma VM is that the VM works even for incoming calls while you are on the phone. With traditional answering machines, if you don't answer the incoming call while youre on the phone, they can't leave you a VM. With ooma vm, you also get to listen to it online and from anyphone calling your own number.