Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#14584 by cmbrandy
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm
In the last couple of days my calls are going directly to voice mail. I keep noticing that the ooma hub has a voice mail but the phone didn't ring. Is ooma having problems?
#14586 by southsound
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:25 pm
Chances are that you have inavertantly set your system to do not disturb. Hold the little envelope button that is red down for about 5 seconds and it will take it out of do not disturb. And don't feel silly, that's how most of us found out about the button. :razz:
#67146 by 97526
Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 pm
southsound wrote:Chances are that you have inavertantly set your system to do not disturb. Hold the little envelope button that is red down for about 5 seconds and it will take it out of do not disturb. And don't feel silly, that's how most of us found out about the button. :razz:

Where is the little envelope button?
I have only free ooma, not the paid for one, some calls are going to voicemail first, no ringing at all.
Answer is set to work at 59 seconds.
#67148 by southsound
Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:11 pm
97526 wrote:Where is the little envelope button?
I have only free ooma, not the paid for one, some calls are going to voicemail first, no ringing at all.
Answer is set to work at 59 seconds.

Right side, just above the voicemail stop, rewind, and play buttons. But that may not your problem since it is only some calls. If you had anonymous call block when you were in your trial mode, it still might be in effect due to a bug in ooma's system. You can call support and they can verify for you. Also, when you are on a call and a second call comes in, if you don't take the call using call waiting, then the call will go directly to voicemail. This also happens if you are in the midst of dialing a number when a second call comes in.
#67159 by 97526
Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 pm
RE:
Chances are that you have inavertantly set your system to do not disturb. Hold the little envelope button that is red down for about 5 seconds and it will take it out of do not disturb.
and
Right side, just above the voicemail stop, rewind, and play buttons.

Is it the BLUE OOMA (internally lit) plastic tab?

I have the OOMA Hub
The only red button is flashing and it has a RIGHT ARROW on it
#67180 by paquerj
Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:18 am
I too am getting this. It appears to be sending one ring after the message has been left as the message indicator lights immediately after the ring and there's no call screening, just straight to voicemail.

Does not happen for every call; some come through, some don't. None that didn't make it through were anonymous.

Phone is connected to the hub. Nothing is lit after deleting the message; I don't see that DND is turned on.

For me this started right after I enabled the "send email notification with message attached" (or something like that) option in Premier. Maybe a coincidence.

- Robert
#67191 by bluechalk
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:47 pm
I don't have do-not-disturb lighted. Of several incoming calls today, one rang once and then went to voicemail. Can somebody from ooma look into this intermittent problem?
#67202 by dschmidt_2000
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
bluechalk wrote:I don't have do-not-disturb lighted. Of several incoming calls today, one rang once and then went to voicemail. Can somebody from ooma look into this intermittent problem?

I'd like Ooma to look into this too. We don't use the voicemail portion of Ooma but instead use our conventional answering machine. In fact our Hub is in another room as that is where the DSL + router is located.

Twice now we were waiting for a phone call from someone only to find out the next day that they in fact called when they said they would but the call went right to voicemail (we were not on the Ooma phone at the time, nor the PC either).

Dave