Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#17225 by lohertz
Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 am
Bobby B wrote:FYI -- bug 5078 that I previously mentioned on this thread should be fixed. "Call Forward All" should be working properly and your calls should be forwarded if you have a Call Forwarding/Multi-Ring enabled AND your Hub is down.

Bobby B wrote:How about I update this thread?

A man of his word! LOL
#17227 by robtcody
Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:10 am
Thanks Bobby, but I find it "kinda" fixed. Now there is a new bug.

With the hub powered on, VoiceMail will pickup in 4 rings as it should.

With the hub powered off, the multi-ring will ring 4 rings, pause, ring 4 rings, pause, ring 4 rings AND THEN FINALLY, ooma VM picks up. (this first half of the bug is consistant)

When the hub is powered back on, the system doesn't recognize it is powered on and the multi-ring failure persists. The circumvention is to go off-hook on an ooma phone and that seems to wake-up the ooma servers into recognizing the hub is back online. (this second half of bug isn't consistant. i.e. maybe the servers were too busy and eventually it would have found the hub back online?)
#17230 by Bobby B
Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 am
Hi Robert,

Thanks, we'll try to reproduce this new Multi-Ring issue in QA -- at least it's mostly working when the Hub is offline.

BTW, Call Forward on Internet outage should be out later today or tomorrow. If you get a chance, it'd be great if you could take it for a spin to see what you think or to see if you encounter any issues (like the 4 ring issue you described with Multi-Ring and the Hub being powered off).
#17232 by robtcody
Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 pm
Bobby, not sure what you mean by "Call Forward on Internet outage". I would think my powering off the hub (have no scout) would be equivalent to an internet outage. Do you mean unplugging my cable modem? If so, that would make it for a difficult test as I use Vonage (along with Ooma) on the same network and it is Vonage that I use to call (and test) ooma. Or maybe you mean don't use multi-ring, but rather call forward (which I didn't test). That "Call forward" bug was - regardless if the hub is on or off, all calls went straight to VM. I did not test that part of the original bug, so maybe that is what you mean?
#17234 by Aveamantium
Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 pm
I think he means that they are getting failover!!! :)

In other words if your ISP is down for some reason you can have your account forwarded to a cell phone (or another line). This is a highly requested feature!!
#19068 by robtcody
Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:37 am
Bobby,

I tried all call forwarding options today with the Hub powered on and off. Everything seems to be working as designed.

1) Call forward on Internet outage
2) Call forward all
3) Multi-Ring

The problems seem to be resolved. Thanks!