Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#14361 by bc3tech
Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 am
Called my local costco, which does show up on the map as one I can refer friends to so they can get their Ooma's, and they don't have it in stock, and other stores in the area show the item as "deleted"

the website shows it at $299 w/ a $70 coupon, which does not equal the $199 advertised in the e-mail.

What's going on here?
The ooma 'Costco Referral Special' e-mail wrote:Let your family and friends know that there has never been a better time to purchase ooma! We are offering the ooma Hub for $199.99 at select Costco Warehouse stores. For each successful referral, you will get your choice of either a $50 international calling credit OR 6 months of ooma Premier service.
#14397 by Bobby B
Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:19 pm
Hi bc3tech,

The $299 w/ a $70 coupon offer at Costco.com is different from the Hub-only product being sold in Costco physical (aka brick and mortar) stores for $199.99. The referral program only applies to purchases from Costco brick and mortar stores.

-Bobby
#14416 by bc3tech
Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:58 pm
Bobby B wrote:Hi bc3tech,

The $299 w/ a $70 coupon offer at Costco.com is different from the Hub-only product being sold in Costco physical (aka brick and mortar) stores for $199.99. The referral program only applies to purchases from Costco brick and mortar stores.

-Bobby

Which, apparently, my local costco (on the list of participating stores) knows nothing about. Do you have an item number I can refer to when I call them since it must be a different product?
#14420 by Bobby B
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:14 pm
Let me check on the Costco store - Which MN Costco store do you live near?
#14424 by bc3tech
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:22 pm
Bobby B wrote:Let me check on the Costco store - Which MN Costco store do you live near?

eden prairie, mn
#14983 by Bobby B
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm
Er sorry forgot to re-check this thread -- I'll send you an email.
#15168 by bc3tech
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 pm
Bobby B wrote:Er sorry forgot to re-check this thread -- I'll send you an email.

Alrighty all w/ some awesome service from Bobby here and Ooma's sales team we pinpointed the dealio here.

The item shown on costco's website is not the one that's highlighted in the referral special e-mail, as we suspected. In fact, you'll only be able to call a store and see if they have it in stock (or visit) - if you do this, reference item number 430992 - this was the item number on the tag above a whole pallet of hub-only ooma boxes at my local costco.

Thanks again to Bobby and the Ooma sales team for clearing this up!
#15974 by 40flash
Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 pm
bc3tech wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Er sorry forgot to re-check this thread -- I'll send you an email.

Alrighty all w/ some awesome service from Bobby here and Ooma's sales team we pinpointed the dealio here.

The item shown on costco's website is not the one that's highlighted in the referral special e-mail, as we suspected. In fact, you'll only be able to call a store and see if they have it in stock (or visit) - if you do this, reference item number 430992 - this was the item number on the tag above a whole pallet of hub-only ooma boxes at my local costco.

Is thast correct? I just bought my ooma through costco online for $230 (after the $70 off). The referal program doesn't apply to me?

Thanks again to Bobby and the Ooma sales team for clearing this up!
#16090 by bw1
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:16 am
40flash wrote:Is thast correct? I just bought my ooma through costco online for $230 (after the $70 off). The referal program doesn't apply to me?

That's correct, the referral is only for the hub only package purchased at select Costco stores. For most people, the Costco online package is a better deal.