Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#13849 by Opal
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:17 am
I was going to port my old Vonage phone number to ooma, but when I registered I found that I could get two consecutive ooma phone numbers. So I now have my "temporary" ooma number, along with a second phone number that is consecutive to the temporary one.

My question is, if I go through with the porting, am I able to keep all three phone numbers? Or will the temporary and/or secondary ooma number disappear? I currently have one ooma hub, and one scout.

Thanks,
Opal
#13850 by murphy
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:45 am
If you don't have Premier, you can only have one number.
If you have Premier, it includes a second number.
Numbers 3 through 9 cost $4.99 per month each.
You have two numbers now because you are on a preview of Premier.
No matter how many Scouts you have (up to a maximum of 4) there can only be two active phone calls at the same time since there are only two physical phone lines in the equipment.
You can assign a number to a Scout and it will only ring on that Scout.
#13884 by Opal
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
murphy,

Thank you. I had looked all over the forums and couldn't find anything on this topic, so I called customer support. The lady I reached was very nice, but stumped. I spent a lot of time on hold while she researched the subject, but all she ended up telling me was that I could have one number per scout. I was not told anything about $4.99 each additional number after two.

So for clarification, as a Premier member with only one scout, you think I can have three phone numbers but would be paying an additional fee per month for that third number? I understand the part about only using two lines at a time.
#13885 by Groundhound
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:00 pm
From the ooma lounge add-ons:

Personal Number
With your subscription to ooma Premier, you get a second phone number for free. If you need more, your ooma system is up to the task. You can add up to 8 additional numbers, from any calling area in the US, to your account. Direct each number to ring on any extension in your home (ooma Scout required) or set custom ring patterns so you know who the call is for.

Each additional phone number is available for the low monthly charge of $4.99.
#13893 by scottlindner
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:17 am
Opal wrote:So for clarification, as a Premier member with only one scout, you think I can have three phone numbers but would be paying an additional fee per month for that third number? I understand the part about only using two lines at a time.

Yes. In fact, you only need the hub to support all three phone numbers. The Scout is so you can check messages in another room, and to get the physical second line to plug another phone into for two line calling.

Scott
#13939 by jmassimilla
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 am
You can only have 2 dedicated numbers (With Premier) with separate incoming and outgoing calling capability, and separate voicemail. Any additional numbers would be an incoming call number only that would ring on the main number. It can be set up with its own distinctive ring.
#13941 by scottlindner
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:30 am
jmassimilla wrote:You can only have 2 dedicated numbers (With Premier) with separate incoming and outgoing calling capability, and separate voicemail. Any additional numbers would be an incoming call number only that would ring on the main number. It can be set up with its own distinctive ring.

You can have ten numbers with Premier, the first two are at no extra cost, 3-8 are $5/mo.