Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#27888 by patsfaninfla
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 pm
Just wanted to VENT. After three weeks of waiting for a port to complete, I am told that my old carrier, ATT, had closed my account, so my number was not available to port. Obviously not the case as I was calling customer support on the phone and number I was requesting to be porting. Two weeks later and 5 five irate phone calls to a tech support crew who use the same scripted apologies and assurances, I have not had my number ported. I am given pat responses that they will forward my issue to the porting dept. I am not allowed to speak with a supervisor or a member of the port team. While the product is great, the tech support is a failure right out of the gate. Another example of how outsourcing customer support abroad wins the financial battle but may lose the war. I am now VENTED!!!! Thanks for listening!
#31616 by dxt55
Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 am
chip wrote:Opal,

Sorry for the very late reply but having been following the forums recently. My porting experience with Verizon was fine. No issues and happened pretty quickly as I recall (under a couple of weeks). Verizon automatically canceled my account so I didn't even need to call them.

Did you get a final bill from Verizon in the mail? I ported from Verizon to Ooma without issue (took 2 weeks). Called Verizon and they said I'd get a final bill 30 days from completion of port, and to disregard any interim bill that may have already been generated.
#31887 by ender_wiggin30
Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 pm
Hi,
I want to activate OOMA and use it using one of the available numbers then I'd like to port my existing landline at a later date. Can I port my number later or do I have to absolutely do it at the time of registration/activation ? Thanks.
#31890 by Opal
Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:48 pm
You absolutely can port your number later. I just double-checked in my account in my.ooma.com, and it still gives me the option to port my number for $40 or buy Premier for $99 (soon $119) with porting included. Just remember not to cancel your account with your original carrier until the porting has been completed!

ender_wiggin30 wrote:Hi,
I want to activate OOMA and use it using one of the available numbers then I'd like to port my existing landline at a later date. Can I port my number later or do I have to absolutely do it at the time of registration/activation ? Thanks.