Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#12908 by gregg098
Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 pm
I have been having a problem lately where when my parents call from their home phone to my Ooma number, they get someone elses voicemail. They call from their cell phones and it works OK. My in laws, who also have Verizon landline service in the same city, can get through just fine. I have verified that they are calling the correct number.

I called support about this and the rep finally created a trouble ticket, but keeps telling me that "its very hard to pinpoint" and that I will have to call Verizon about this.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did Ooma come through and fix the problem? The rep basically said he made the trouble ticket so that I didn't feel that he wasnt helping me.
#12913 by gregg098
Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 pm
I only have two numbers on my black list and neither are theres.

Heres another note. I had anonymous call block on so my parents would have to dial *82 first (I verified they did this process correctly BTW). Well, I turned it off, had them recall me, and sure enough, I got a call from "Unknown" and it was them. Turn it on, same problem, they get some other persons voicemail.
#12915 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:18 pm
Wow. So it is anonymous call blocking causing it, but there is still another problem.

How do you have it configured for anonymous calls? To voicemail or to the blocked message?

Can you have them leave a message on the other people's VM and ask them to contact Ooma tech support since people are getting the wrong VM. It might help to know what the other number is. I am certain it is another Ooma subscriber.

Scott
#12916 by gregg098
Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 pm
I am certain it is another Ooma number now too. Honestly though, if someone I didnt know wanted me to call them back with my phone number or call tech support, I would probably just delete the message and move on assuming its a scam or something. I just emailed customer service to update the trouble ticket. Lets see what happens.
#13264 by gregg098
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:02 pm
Update: I had a voicemail from Ooma that said their engineers have changed some settings and to also have my parents call Verizon as well. I had my folks call me multiple times and everything works now. Im glad they fixed the problem, but I wish they would not pass the blame instantly. If I would have followed their advice, my parents would have gone through a lot of hassle for nothing.
#13267 by scoutconnor
Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:57 pm
The simplest thing to try is to unplug and replug the ooma device, although this seems basic, sometimes I've used it to fix things with my device.