Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#13380 by but2002
Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:50 am
Which port are you connecting to the wall? The Wall port, or the phone port?

The phone port sends out an analog dialtone, whereas the wall port sends out an HPNA signal that is to comminicate with scouts over the home's phone wiring. If you're connecting the WALL port to your house phone jack, then the other phones in the house need to be connected to a scout for them to work. If the PHONE port on the ooma hub is connected to the wall however, scouts are not needed.
#13412 by zr2ee
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:39 pm
its the wall port, i'd probably have better success explaining it if i made up a youtube video and posted it, but as long as the port goes smoothly i think i may not need the scout, but it would still be nice
#13413 by but2002
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:45 pm
zr2ee wrote:its the wall port, i'd probably have better success explaining it if i made up a youtube video and posted it, but as long as the port goes smoothly i think i may not need the scout, but it would still be nice

I see

As I stated before, the wall port will ONLY work with the other phones if they have a scout. If they do not have a scout, they will not work unless you use the phone jack to distribute it throughout your home, but by doing that the scouts will no longer work.