Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#12539 by joon82
Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm
Getting really bad lag in WOW and warcraft3 and all the games I play.
Really bad i cant even play them.
anybody having same problem?
I'm using charter cable 10/2mb up
It lags even when I'm not using the phone.
#12541 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 pm
Give us a few more details regarding your configuration. I am going to make a few assumptions and address them, but they may not apply.

If you have DSL you'll need to put a DSL filter before the Ooma Hub on the Wall port. The reason this would cause you problems is the HPNA used to communicate with the Scout uses the same band as the DSL. They could be conflicting and causing you all sorts of problems. The DSL filter should solve this.

If you have the Ooma Hub as your first device, try putting it behind your router instead. Does this help? If this works, there are other considerations with this configuration before you declare victory. So let us know if this works and you want to pursue this as your solution.

That's it for my assumptions and resolutions for now. Looking forward to your response. I firmly believe there is a solution to the problem so don't get discouraged. There are many knowledgeable people here that will be able to help you.

Welcome to Ooma!

Cheers,
Scott

EDIT: I just reread your post. You answered one of my questions. You have cable. Disregard my DSL stuff and try just the second suggestion. Sorry about that.
#12543 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Wow... now you've stumped me. I didn't expect that one.

Without restarting the router it all works fine if you disconnect the Ooma Hub?

Could you try resetting the Ooma Hub? I think the trick is to push down on the blue tab, unplug, and plug back in with the blue tab pushed down throughout. I *think* that's how you do the reset. I wonder if the Ooma Hub is hammering on the router due to an invalid configuration. Like repeatedly requesting IP addresses using DHCP, or something like that. It's a long shot, but I have seen that reset trick work for things like this in the past. I just can't remember confidently if that's the way to do the reset or not. I'll do a quick search if I can find it.

Scott
#12547 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Aveamantium wrote:Did you happen to setup Qos rules on your router that may be prioritizing other traffic and forcing your "game" traffic to be delayed?

Wouldn't that problem exist even without the Ooma Hub connected, or is there something else I am not considering?

Scott
#12548 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:20 pm
And I'm assuming you've tried to power off the ooma and check to see if the delay goes away?

Have you tried putting the ooma in front of the router just so the router doesn't "see" the ooma anymore? You should be able to make your ooma transparent to your network (unless you're on a call) by doing the following:

Configure your setup as follows Modem -ooma - router.

Go to the router and see what IP address is assigned to it by the ooma (should be 172.27.35.X range).

Enter this IP address into the ooma's DMZ (this will pass all traffic to the router, basically taking the ooma's NAT/firewall out of the equation).
#12550 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:22 pm
scottlindner wrote:
Aveamantium wrote:Did you happen to setup Qos rules on your router that may be prioritizing other traffic and forcing your "game" traffic to be delayed?

Wouldn't that problem exist even without the Ooma Hub connected, or is there something else I am not considering?

Scott

Unless it is currently prioritizing voice traffic where it wasn't prior to the implementation of the ooma. I wasn't sure what joon82 had done as part of installing the ooma to his/her network.