Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#12364 by but2002
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 am
Could somebody from the Ooma tech department or whatever PM my scout MAC to me? I know there were a lot of scouts our there that got labeled with the wrong mac address, and I want to go ahead and write mine down if it is wrong if I were to ever decide to get a second number.
#12365 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 am
I would call ooma at 888-711-6662. Email is not realiable and calling will get you the information you need right away.

Wayne
#12366 by but2002
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 am
WayneDsr wrote:I would call ooma at 888-711-6662. Email is not realiable and calling will get you the information you need right away.

Wayne

Haha, I'd call, but right now, I'm out of a phone. My phone got dropped in the sink. Gonna get it replaced in a couple of days.

Also, the scout's hooked up in the other room, and the phone on it doesn't have a working mic, so we're gonna get it replaced too.

Strange week this has been.
#12367 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 am
Dropped my cell in the sink a few weeks ago. Put it in a plastic bag full of rice for 2 days and that fixed it! Good luck.

Wayne
#12370 by southsound
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm
but2002 wrote:My phone got dropped in the sink. Gonna get it replaced in a couple of days.

The exact reason I don't use my in the men's room.

Wayne, would you recommend long grain, brown, or minute? I'm guessing not the minute variety because it took 2 days for the desired result. :)

(to the tune of the Rice-a-roni song) Rice-a-phony, the Indiana treat!
#12375 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:25 pm
but2002 wrote:Could somebody from the Ooma tech department or whatever PM my scout MAC to me? I know there were a lot of scouts our there that got labeled with the wrong mac address, and I want to go ahead and write mine down if it is wrong if I were to ever decide to get a second number.

Do Scout's have a MAC address? I would not think they would since they do not have an Ethernet port. When you get this sorted out, please post back because you have me very curious.

Cheers,
Scott
#12379 by murphy
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm
scottlindner wrote:Do Scout's have a MAC address? I would not think they would since they do not have an Ethernet port. When you get this sorted out, please post back because you have me very curious.

There is no MAC address listed on the bottom of my Scouts. The rightmost 6 characters of the serial number are used to address the scout. In addition to being in the serial number line they are duplicated in much bigger type inside a rectangle. The serial number is on a paste on label. Apparently for some of the scouts the labels got out of sync with the hardware at the factory station that applies them to the box.
#12383 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 pm
I never thought of that. I should have used minute rice, it would have been done sooner!
Next time.....

Wayne
#12385 by Bobby B
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:21 pm
FYI -- we just changed the "Assign a Device" interface to prompt for the full 12 character serial number (annoying to enter, I know!). If you entered a serial number associated with a Scout that was mislabeled, you'll get a warning message to call customer support to get the correct number.

When you click on "edit" you'll just see the last 5 characters of the serial number (aka the Scout Id).

Mislabeled Scouts will have serial numbers in the following range:
US0906SQ0000-US0921SQFFFF

If your Scout does not fall in the above range, then you'll be able to enter your Scout information without any problems.

Hopefully one day we'll be able to "auto-detect" the Scout IDs and be done with this complication.