Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#12323 by bw1
Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 pm
The other advantage is that the caller id number comes in with 10 digits. So if you store that name/number without editing it and then call using that number or if you call using redial, then it won't go through if you don't have the box to enable 10 digit dialing checked.
#12335 by sienz
Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:30 pm
I am still getting the Ooma Connection Tone after I disabled it using internet explorer. I am not sure what to do at this point. I will contact the tech support.

It seems that the change that I made in the lounge does not reach my ooma hub. I also have rebooted my ooma hub after I made the change

Also to make sure, If i disable it, I should get a dial tone sound in stead of the Ooma tone/music, right?
#12339 by sienz
Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:01 pm
Ok, I am confused now :)

So the music that I hear when I first pick up my phone is Ooma signature tone which I can not disable, right?

When will I hear "The ooma connection tone" That we have the option to disable it?
"The ooma connection tone is the chime played to callers when a call is connected to your system. Click the speaker icon to listen to a sample (you'll hear it played twice)."

Thanks,
#12341 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:04 pm
You hear the connection tone after the person you are calling picks up. If you are using an integrated landline (meaning Ooma will place toll free and local calls on your landline and not over Ooma) the connection tone is useful to verify that you are placing long distance calls over Ooma. I liked using the connection tone until I was confident my configuration was working the way I wanted.

Scott
#12348 by WayneDsr
Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:16 pm
You probably disabled it already and can't hear it. Enable it in the lounge and give someone a call. You will hear the tone when they answer.
After that, you can turn it back off if you'd like.

Wayne

And no, you can't disable the ooma dial tone.
#54904 by tlmd1990
Thu May 06, 2010 2:34 pm
sienz wrote:
2. The Ooma system does not recognize touch-tone
Basically, I have an alarm system and my alarm will call my cell when it is set off and from my cell I will be able to push number 2 (Touch Tone) and the alarm will stop. The Ooma system is able to call my cell from my alarm system but when I push # 2 or any number to stop the alarm, it seems that the Ooma does not recognize the touch tone.

Any input or help is appreciated. Thanks

Does your alarm work with OOMA now? I got the same problem like yours and don't know how to fix it.