Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11805 by UserX
Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:29 am
I have all of my phone lines forward to my Google Voice number, because I like to get all of my voicemail from that one place. I set my Google Voice account on "Do Not Disturb" so that it will answer incoming calls immediately.

This works just fine for every service that I have except for Ooma. Every voicemail that I get from my Ooma line is :

"Press one to accept this call or hang up to forward this call to your Ooma voicemail." ... Repeated ad nauseum.

How can I get Ooma to let Google Voice take the calls?
#11806 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 am
The "Press 1" thing is a common complaint and doesn't seem like it's going to go away anytime soon.

I wonder if there is a way to configure Google Voice to press '1' for you and then answer the call? If I remember correctly, I have a GrandCentral account, you can create a custom message for each number even. Couldn't you create a custom message that is the audio of the two tune '1' being pressed and send all calls to that custom message?

Scott
#12317 by sgrunspan
Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:10 am
I have a few suggestions. First make sure your ooma number is not one of your forward-to phones. If it is, GV thinks you're calling in to get your GV voicemail.

Second try creating a contact with your ooma number and set it individually to "Do Not Disturb".