Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11720 by Dominickjg
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 am
I have a cordless Uniden DECT 6.0 phone with five extension phones. Each of the phones has a "ring tone" setting, which allows the user to set the ringtone for each phone. A separate ringtone setting exists on the Uniden phones for external vs. internal (intercom) calls. All of our ringtones are set to musical rings. However, when we receive OOMA calls, the base phone starts ringing with the selected musical ringtone; then ALL the phones, including the base phone, commence ringing with an old traditional (and extremely annoying) ring. Any ideas on what the problem is? Thanks much.
#11730 by southsound
Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:42 am
I have the Uniden 1588 DECT 6.0 phones and have the handsets set to different musical rings as well. I have not noticed any strange behavior in the past 4 months. The ooma ring voltage mimics the normal POTS ring voltage unless you have selected a distictive ring pattern. It should not act differently than it would on a standard landline. Do you still have a landline available to do some testing? Maybe at a friend's house if you are ooma only?