Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11666 by gpadick
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:35 pm
I powered the hub off for a minute and plugged it back in but still have a red tab. I called Qwest and they said there is no outage in my area.

I am connected via ATT's Communication Manager now. Is everything ok with ooma tonight?
#11667 by WayneDsr
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:37 pm
First of all are you saying you have no internet?

I'm ok here in Indiana. But if you have no internet your ISP is down.

Wayne
#11668 by gpadick
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm
WayneDsr wrote:First of all are you saying you have no internet?

I'm ok here in Indiana. But if you have no internet your ISP is down.

Wayne

I called Qwest and they said there are no outages in my area. And yes my internet was down.
#11669 by WayneDsr
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:50 pm
I would turn off everything for about a minute, turn on the modem, let it connect then power up ooma and router. See if it all connects.

If not:

I'm not sure how your set up is, but if you can connect your pc directly to your modem (without ooma) see if you can connect to the web. If you cannot, Quest is down.

Wayne
#11670 by niknak
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:39 pm
I think he is having the problem where the cable / dsl modem is going out and getting a different ip address regularly which breaks his connection?
I never had to change my settings, someone else here might tell you how to fix this
#11689 by scottlindner
Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:27 am
Could this be a DSL and HPNA conflict?

Can you tell us exactly how you have everything connected including the location of DSL filters.

Scott
#11692 by gpadick
Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:55 am
Thank you all for your feedback. I called Qwest again and they are going to send a technician out to my house today...sometime...Evidently, the DSL light blinks on the modem which indicates a problem with the line.

I will give an update when they get out here and fix it.
#11714 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 am
gpadick wrote:Thank you all for your feedback. I called Qwest again and they are going to send a technician out to my house today...sometime...Evidently, the DSL light blinks on the modem which indicates a problem with the line.

I will give an update when they get out here and fix it.

Do you have a DSL filter between your phone line and the Ooma hub? If you don't, that would explain this.

Scott
#11778 by voipdabbler
Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:59 am
Perhaps your modem is beginning to malfunction, too. If you're renting it from Qwest, you might ask them for a new one. If you had a router between your modem and Ooma, I might think you could possibly have issues with the router. Several years agao, I had an older Linksys router that started losing its IP address frequently. Replacing it got my system working smoothly again. (I didn't have to throw the old router away, I turned off DHCP and wireless functions and use it as a hub to increase the number of Ethernet ports available on my system.)