Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11620 by pl1
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Richard1 wrote:If I understand the programmer for the fax program I use the VOIP providers us electronic signals to maintain contact with the phones conected to their main hubs and this interfers with the fax programs being able to identify the tone that tells the fax it is okay to transmit. So plugging directly into the phone hub eliments that sigal from interferring with the transmission.
I'm not seeing how this matters, personally. You have a telephone cable from your fax connected directly into the hub, or, you have a telephone cable from the wall connected directly into the hub. No big deal. It just does not seem logical to me. But if it works when I need to fax, that is what I will do. Of course, these days, I can't remember the last time I faxed something. I can email a scanned document. Much easier and much faster.
#11621 by Richard1
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 pm
I know it is hard to understand. Its all about the little electronic bits running back and forth on the lines and the way other electronic devices read those bits. I agree I do more e-mailing than faxing. I have several Drs. that prefer me faxing reports to their nurses so that they are ready to be added to my folder when they sign off on them. I have one Dr. who does have e-mail and it is his preference that I fax to his nurse. I also am one of the many that are currently seeking employment and there are occasions that the person reviewing the applications will only accept faxes. Some processes take longer than others to become electronic.
#11623 by pl1
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 pm
Richard1 wrote:Some processes take longer than others to become electronic.
I hear ya. It was a Realtor who kind of made me see the light. Everytime I would fax her something, she would have to scan it in to her computer. She politely said "will you please get with the program?" Of course my first few tries were ridiculously large files. Until I got the hang of making pdf's.