Dropped call

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
zappullae
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 am

Dropped call

Post by zappullae » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

In the middle of a conversation yesterday the call was just drooped. I called back immediately. Why did it drop?

User avatar
scottlindner
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Dropped call

Post by scottlindner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am

I'd dig up the number you called, time of the call, and contact customer service. They should investigate this.

zappullae
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 am

Re: Dropped call

Post by zappullae » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 am

scottlindner wrote:I'd dig up the number you called, time of the call, and contact customer service. They should investigate this.
I sent an email to tech support. I hope I get an answer from them this time. Its not been the case in the past.

niknak
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Staten Island, NY

Re: Dropped call

Post by niknak » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:53 am

calling them instead of emailing will get you a quicker response, they will be able to check the call logs for your hub while you are still on the line with them

WayneDsr
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Dropped call

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 am

What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Dropped calls happen once in a great while with voip and cell. If this happens quite often I'd be worried, but if this was a one time occurance, it may not ever happen again if you're lucky. I've had a few calls drop out, but for the most part I have had outstanding service.

Wayne

zappullae
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 am

Re: Dropped call

Post by zappullae » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

WayneDsr wrote:What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Dropped calls happen once in a great while with voip and cell. If this happens quite often I'd be worried, but if this was a one time occurance, it may not ever happen again if you're lucky. I've had a few calls drop out, but for the most part I have had outstanding service.

Wayne

I found that I have to call or I won't get a response. What a PIA that is. Regarding dropped calls being rare, I just had another. 2 one in 12 hours.

User avatar
scottlindner
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Dropped call

Post by scottlindner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am

WayneDsr wrote:What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Dropped calls happen once in a great while with voip and cell. If this happens quite often I'd be worried, but if this was a one time occurance, it may not ever happen again if you're lucky. I've had a few calls drop out, but for the most part I have had outstanding service.

Wayne
My experience is dropped calls with cell is very common. Wasn't it such a big issue that Congress was looking into a couple of years ago?

Scott

WayneDsr
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Dropped call

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am

There you go. Jot down the phone numbers and times and CS can look at the their call logs and see whats happening.
I recommend calling because I'm sure they get tons of email a day and the call will get you to a live person that can help, or at least open a ticket.

Let us know what happens.

Wayne

WayneDsr
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Dropped call

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:18 am

Heck, I get dropped calls every day on cell, mostly because you're moving around from cell to cell.
I can understand not wanting it to happen on the home phone, though.

Make sure your not calling someone on a cell, it could most likely be the cell dropping out.

Wayne

daet
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 am
Location: Metairie, LA

Re: Dropped call

Post by daet » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:26 am

WayneDsr wrote:Heck, I get dropped calls every day on cell, mostly because you're moving around from cell to cell.
I can understand not wanting it to happen on the home phone, though.

Make sure your not calling someone on a cell, it could most likely be the cell dropping out.

Wayne
Dropped calls can happen just as easily for VoIP calls. ooma uses UDP as a transport - so I'm guessing if there are multiple lost packets in sequence, the result will likely be a dropped call. And the loss can happen at one one of the multiple routers between ooma's servers and my ooma hub.

DG
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

Post Reply