Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11168 by zappullae
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am
In the middle of a conversation yesterday the call was just drooped. I called back immediately. Why did it drop?
#11173 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am
I'd dig up the number you called, time of the call, and contact customer service. They should investigate this.
#11174 by zappullae
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 am
scottlindner wrote:I'd dig up the number you called, time of the call, and contact customer service. They should investigate this.

I sent an email to tech support. I hope I get an answer from them this time. Its not been the case in the past.
#11175 by niknak
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:53 am
calling them instead of emailing will get you a quicker response, they will be able to check the call logs for your hub while you are still on the line with them
#11176 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 am
What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Dropped calls happen once in a great while with voip and cell. If this happens quite often I'd be worried, but if this was a one time occurance, it may not ever happen again if you're lucky. I've had a few calls drop out, but for the most part I have had outstanding service.

Wayne
#11177 by zappullae
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am
WayneDsr wrote:What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Dropped calls happen once in a great while with voip and cell. If this happens quite often I'd be worried, but if this was a one time occurance, it may not ever happen again if you're lucky. I've had a few calls drop out, but for the most part I have had outstanding service.

Wayne

I found that I have to call or I won't get a response. What a PIA that is. Regarding dropped calls being rare, I just had another. 2 one in 12 hours.
#11178 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am
WayneDsr wrote:What niknak said! Don't email, call.

Wayne

My experience is dropped calls with cell is very common. Wasn't it such a big issue that Congress was looking into a couple of years ago?

Scott
#11179 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am
There you go. Jot down the phone numbers and times and CS can look at the their call logs and see whats happening.
I recommend calling because I'm sure they get tons of email a day and the call will get you to a live person that can help, or at least open a ticket.

Let us know what happens.

Wayne
#11180 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:18 am
Heck, I get dropped calls every day on cell, mostly because you're moving around from cell to cell.
I can understand not wanting it to happen on the home phone, though.

Make sure your not calling someone on a cell, it could most likely be the cell dropping out.

Wayne
#11181 by daet
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:26 am
WayneDsr wrote:Heck, I get dropped calls every day on cell, mostly because you're moving around from cell to cell.
I can understand not wanting it to happen on the home phone, though.

Make sure your not calling someone on a cell, it could most likely be the cell dropping out.

Wayne

Dropped calls can happen just as easily for VoIP calls. ooma uses UDP as a transport - so I'm guessing if there are multiple lost packets in sequence, the result will likely be a dropped call. And the loss can happen at one one of the multiple routers between ooma's servers and my ooma hub.

DG