Outgoing Caller ID is Wrong

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
aksamuel

Outgoing Caller ID is Wrong

Post by aksamuel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 am

Hi,
Hooked up Ooma for the first time and called a friend. My outgoing callerid is showing up as Marc Tolson (Not my real name).

Contacted Omma support. They have not got back yet

Is anyone experiencing incorrect outgoing callerid problem?

murphy

Re: Outgoing Caller ID is Wrong

Post by murphy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am

It takes up to 10 days for new caller ID information to propagate to all of the caller ID databases. That name is probably who had the number before you got it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jsquared22

Post by jsquared22 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:11 am

I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

How much longer should I wait for this to be corrected before abandoning Ooma altogether?

mac_kid

Post by mac_kid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

jsquared22 wrote:I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

How much longer should I wait for this to be corrected before abandoning Ooma altogether?
Call TechSupport to provision the correct Caller-ID for your phone number.

mac_kid

Post by mac_kid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

jsquared22 wrote:I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

Call TechSupport to provision the correct Caller-ID for your phone number. What Murphy said above is correct.