Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#10807 by aksamuel
Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 am
Hi,
Hooked up Ooma for the first time and called a friend. My outgoing callerid is showing up as Marc Tolson (Not my real name).

Contacted Omma support. They have not got back yet

Is anyone experiencing incorrect outgoing callerid problem?
#10808 by murphy
Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am
It takes up to 10 days for new caller ID information to propagate to all of the caller ID databases. That name is probably who had the number before you got it.
#31832 by jsquared22
Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:11 am
I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

How much longer should I wait for this to be corrected before abandoning Ooma altogether?
#32353 by mac_kid
Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm
jsquared22 wrote:I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

How much longer should I wait for this to be corrected before abandoning Ooma altogether?

Call TechSupport to provision the correct Caller-ID for your phone number.
#32354 by mac_kid
Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm
jsquared22 wrote:I've had the same problem for 5 weeks now. Ooma support is not very helpful. Support said that it takes 4 weeks for outgoing caller ID to be corrected.

Call TechSupport to provision the correct Caller-ID for your phone number. What Murphy said above is correct.