Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#111468 by FreePhone
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 pm
I used to be able to log into my Ooma account via my iPhone through Safari to check my voicemails. But now it won't let me do this anymore. Why can't Ooma fix it or make a free App that allows us to do this? Some of us don't carry our laptops around in our pockets, like we do with our smart phones.
#111599 by jctcom
Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm
Why don't you just dial your Ooma number and then hit * when your answering maching picks up? Then you can check your voice mails as normal.

I have mine set up to send me a text message when I have a new voice mail. In the text message is my number which I click on and it dials it for me. Then proceed as mentioned above.

Carl.
#111603 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm
FreePhone wrote:I used to be able to log into my Ooma account via my iPhone through Safari to check my voicemails. But now it won't let me do this anymore. Why can't Ooma fix it or make a free App that allows us to do this? Some of us don't carry our laptops around in our pockets, like we do with our smart phones.

iOS 6.1.3 with my iphone 4s works okay; both with mobile version and regular version of my.ooma.com in listening to voicemail.
#111651 by oomg
Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 am
jctcom wrote:Actually I just tried it in Safari as well and it worked fine for me.

I am running IOS 6.1.4

Carl.

Likewise.. work fine on my Iphone 5 with IOS 6.1.4
Also worked with my older iPhone 3GS with IOS 6.1.3
#111694 by Capt'n Bob
Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 am
I have an iPhone 5. I set up my ooma so that it emails me a copy of the voicemail that I can just tap and listen on the iPhone. In other words I receive an email on the iPhone and the voicemail message is attached, which plays as soon as I tap on it. This is incredibly useful, especially when we are traveling. Now I guess if you get a large number of messages each day this might get to be a pain, but in our case it's perfect. You still have to log in to actually delete the messages later, but you do get to listen to the voicemail immediately after it is recorded.
#111907 by WJBertrand
Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm
On the iPhone under settings > Safari > accept cookies, make sure the "never" choice is not checked. Instead choose "from Visited" or "always", though there may be security concerns with the latter. Safari would not load the Ooma mobile site for me when "never" was checked.