Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#111344 by Mrjohnc1
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm
I have premier and ported my no. over approx. 3 years ago when I got ooma. I also picked a second no. for my secondary line.
My question is.....if I remarry can I port over my girlfriends landline no. as my second no. and drop the secondary no. I have?

Thanks John
#111345 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:12 pm
You have 2 numbers now. If you port another number in, your newly ported in number would become your primary number and your current primary will become secondary. Your current secondary number will drop off from your account unless you purchase "personal number" add-on (which I don't think you intend to do; $4.99 per month per number to keep additional numbers above the 2 for Premier; you just want to keep 2 numbers in your account right?)
If you don't like the order of your primary/secondary numbers, you can call into Ooma customer support and they'll swap the order for you.
#111356 by EX Bell
Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 pm
lbmofo wrote:You have 2 numbers now. If you port another number in, your newly ported in number would become your primary number and your current primary will become secondary. Your current secondary number will drop off from your account unless you purchase "personal number" add-on (which I don't think you intend to do; $4.99 per month per number to keep additional numbers above the 2 for Premier; you just want to keep 2 numbers in your account right?)
If you don't like the order of your primary/secondary numbers, you can call into Ooma customer support and they'll swap the order for you.

I know the way you describe is SOP, but I've help several people port two numbers. All but one have wanted to port their home number to the primary position and their office to the secondary at a later date when they were comfortable with their choice and Ooma in general. At the time of porting the secondary number, we have just entered a special note in the port request to replace the current secondary (the original Ooma number) with their office number they were porting. It has always been done correctly without a hitch.
#111357 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 pm
EX Bell wrote:At the time of porting the secondary number, we have just entered a special note in the port request to replace the current secondary (the original Ooma number) with their office number they were porting. It has always been done correctly without a hitch.

That's right, I forgot about that option added after I gone through porting.
#111366 by MLXXXp
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 am
Mrjohnc1 wrote:My question is.....if I remarry can I port over my girlfriends landline no. as my second no. and drop the secondary no. I have?

The answers given to you are correct, but also note that Ooma doesn't require you to remarry in order to port a number ;)
#111375 by Mrjohnc1
Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:49 pm
MLXXXp wrote:
Mrjohnc1 wrote:My question is.....if I remarry can I port over my girlfriends landline no. as my second no. and drop the secondary no. I have?

The answers given to you are correct, but also note that Ooma doesn't require you to remarry in order to port a number ;)

LOL, Thanks, I was trying to explain that to here earlier!! :D